SCENARIO: Napoleonic Europe REDUX

Mr Black

Los Zetas
Conquests ONLY!!! duhh!

IMPORTANT!!!.

You must download BeBro’s Improved Napoleonic conquest, or else it will not work!!! Here is the link to download it from, if you haven’t already. And I don’t know why you haven’t already.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1591704#post1591704

Download the Napoleonic Europe scenario here.
Download scenario HERE v0.3 (84Kb)

You must replace the PediaIcons.txt file in BeBro's mod, with the one included in the Zip. Also, add the 'Militia' folder into the 'Units' folder. Please note, that this will NOT prevent you from playing BeBro's original mod. So don't worry. :)

CREDITS!!!
Bebro
Yoda Power
calgacus
Kristian95

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the list of changes copied and pasted from that link. These are BeBro’s changes!

Changes:

1. Graphics

- new/modified advisor heads for military, science, foreign and trade, I also changed the advisors so that you do not get the modern advisorheads after you researched everything (the modern US Army-style guy does not fit into the Napoleonic age very well )
- new background art for the advisor screens, as well as for wonder and demographics screen
- one new European city style, changed icons for harbor and barracks
- some new building graphics, wonder splashes changed, small other graphic changes

2. Gameplay

Now most countries get two types of cav as well as different infantry units. Lighter cav (Hussars, Cossacks) is available from the start, has move 3, but is weaker than heavy cav, which has only move 2, and becomes only available with Advanced Cavalry Tactics, so in detail the main changes are as follows (see also in-game civilopedia):

- changed Advanced Tactics into Advanced Infantry Tactics (gives better infantry)
- added Advanced Cavalry Tactics (gives better/heavy cavalry)
- changed the Austrian Hussar into K.K. Hussar MAD 3/6/2, available from the start
- made a generic Hussar MAD 3/5/2 available for several countries from the start
- added Dragoon for France, Britain MAD 3/6/2, available from the start
- added Carabinier for Sweden, Denmark MAD 3/5/2, available from the start
- made Household, Imperial, Cuirassiers available with Advanced Cavalry Tactics
- Cuirassiers now MAD 2/7/4 available now for Prussia, Austria, and Russia
- changed Cossacks to MAD 3/5/2, available from the start
- added Garde Grenadier for Prussia, MAD 1/7/6, +1HP, available with Advanced Infantry Tactics
- added K.K. Grenadier for Austria, MAD 1/6/6, +1HP, available with Advanced Infantry Tactics
- added generic Grenadier for several countries MAD 1/6/6, available with Advanced Infantry Tactics

- added Galleass (unit anim by Colonel Kraken), MAD 3/1/2, transports 4, Ottoman replacement for transporter
- added Corvette (unit anim by Colonel Kraken), MAD 5/2/1, +1HP, only for France, can enslave
- added Ship of the Line 1st rate (unit anim by Colonel Kraken), MADB 4/5/4/4, Range 1 lethal naval bombardment, available only for Britain, France, Russia, Spain, Sweden, needs Seapower
- changed Ship of the Line into Ship of the Line 2nd rate, MADB 4/4/3/4, Range 1 bombardment, needs Naval Tactics
- changed ManOWar into Ship of the Line 3rd rate

- added Coastal Battery (included fire cannon anim of the freely available units from PTW), immobile, range 2 lethal naval bombardment, cannot be built, but preplaced units in some coastal citiescan be captured
- removed all other units to avoid that the AI builds stupid ancient or medieval units when running out of resources, also they do not appear in the civilopedia any longer

- changed temple into church, collosseum into opera house (including modified graphics)

Note: the added grenadier units use the existing Guards-Infantry unit anim, which is of course not included in the zip to avoid copyright problems. The same goes for the cavalry units, which use either anims of the Hussar, or the standard Cavalry unit. The update simply links in such cases to the existing unit animations of your Civ3/Civ3C3C installation.

HISTORIANS NEEDED!!!

These are the changes that I did, biggest changes being the new map and the new civs.

Changes to original;

MAP
1. New Map size 124 x 192. It now includes the North Africa, and all the way east to the Caucus.
2. .........
3. Many more cities added.
4.Corruption lowered, because of the long distances now.
5. Desert and Tundra are now Impassable.
6. New Civs added, more on that below.

UNITS
1. Every unit now cost 1 population point, except for ships
2. All land units are now wheeled. Cannot cross the Mountains without a road.
3. 1 Immobile ‘Militia’ unit, added to all cities.
4. Immobile ‘Barbarian Def’ unit, (with 100 Defense) added to the Barbarian encampments. Leave them alone.
5. Added a ‘Barbary Pirate’ unit for the new Barbary States.

CIVS
These are the new civs I added, with their leader, many historically wrong. I know that, so there is no need to repeat it. Just tell me the correct ones. :)
1. Fez & Morocco – (Regent) Ismail al-Hasani
2. Helvetic Republic – (Emperor) Huldreich Zwingli
3. Saxony – (Elector) Frederick Augustus II
4. Bayern – (Crown Prince) Rupprecht
5. Württemberh – (Elector) Charles Frederick
6. Cisalpine Republic – (Emperor) Francesco Sforza
7. Kingdom of Sardinia – (King) Victor Emmanuel II
8. Papal States – (Pope) Pius VII
9. Algiers Regency – (Beylerbey) Dey Hassan Bashaw
10. Regency of Tunis – (Deys) Husayn ibn Ali
11. Pashalik of Tripoli – (Pashalik) Muhammad ibn-Ali
12. Hannover – (King) William IV

ALLIANCES
These are the 4 alliances + Neutrals in the Game.

French Coalition:
France
Denmark
Cisalpine Republic
Helvetic Republic

British Coalition:
Britain
Portugal
Kingdom of Naples
Netherlands
Papal States
Hannover
Kingdom of Sardinia

German Coalition:
Prussia
Austria
Bayern
Saxony
Württemberg

Barbary States:
Fez & Morocco
Algiers Regency
Pashalik of Tripoli
Regency of Tunis

Neutrals:
Ottoman Empire
Russia
Sweden
Spain

Other than that, it’s identical to Firaxis’ version. :D

pic of the map.

Attachments

• NapMap.jpg
    NapMap.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,601
Wow, that's a good one! :goodjob: Btw, will you add advisor flags etc. for the new civs? Upgrade the civilopedia with some more historic detail?

I don't have the good programs to do the flags, so I just used the Firaxis leaderheads.

I'll change the civilopedia, once I know what is historical. :)

I think you forgot to assign tech's and victory points to the new civs. Also the Militia has no pediaicon text and you forgot to check the retain culture on capture flag.

Silly point...I always do this BTW...why has Plymouth (founded 1862) got a university, but Aberdeen (founded 1495) hasn't?

FYI, Britain at the time had 8 universities: Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, Glasgow, King's (Aberdeen), Marischal (Aberdeen), Edinburgh and Dublin. :D

Yoda Power said:
I think you forgot to assign tech's and victory points to the new civs. Also the Militia has no pediaicon text and you forgot to check the retain culture on capture flag.

I put the new civs starting in the 'Napoleonic Era', with no starting techs. I assumed, that they would get all the techs from the previous eras. My Bad! :blush: I haven't played the new civs, cause they aren't playable, so I didn't know this.

Also, what do you mean by assigning Victory Points to the new civs. :confused:

Finally, thanks for the heads up on the capture the flag. There are more missing things involving the pediaicons and civilopedia, which I'll get to. I promise. :)

EDIT: OK, I've included the PediaIcons.txt file in the download. That was faster than I thought.

calgacus said:
Silly point...I always do this BTW...why has Plymouth (founded 1862) got a university, but Aberdeen (founded 1495) hasn't?

FYI, Britain at the time had 8 universities: Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, Glasgow, King's (Aberdeen), Marischal (Aberdeen), Edinburgh and Dublin. :D

Thanks for the info on Uni's, are the first 3 in London? :)

EDITED: cause I thought you meant Plymouth the city was founded in 1862.

Mr Black said:
Thanks for the info on Uni's, are the first 3 in London? :)

EDITED: cause I thought you meant Plymouth the city was founded in 1862.

Oxford is in Oxford, Cambridge in Cambridge (both near London), St Andrews is just outside Dundee, Glasgow is in Glasgow, King's and Marischal are both in Aberdeen, Edinburgh is in Edinburgh and Dublin is in Dublin.

By "founded 1862", I meant the University of Plymouth rather than the city itself :)

Mr Black said:
I put the new civs starting in the 'Napoleonic Era', with no starting techs. I assumed, that they would get all the techs from the previous eras. My Bad! :blush: I haven't played the new civs, cause they aren't playable, so I didn't know this.

Also, what do you mean by assigning Victory Points to the new civs. :confused:

Finally, thanks for the heads up on the capture the flag. There are more missing things involving the pediaicons and civilopedia, which I'll get to. I promise. :)

EDIT: OK, I've included the PediaIcons.txt file in the download. That was faster than I thought.
Oh I just checked if you had deirectly assigned techs to them, I forgot the starts in napoleonic era thing, my fault.

I mean you forgot to add Victory Points, the original version had this.

I didn't say anything about capture the fald:p its not even part of this Conquest. I talked about the retain culture on capture flag, in the editor.

I just took a look at the map.... there is a big mistake ;) Until 1864, Schleswig-Holstein was part of Denmark, this is the area just south of Jutland.

Kristian95 said:
I just took a look at the map.... there is a big mistake ;) Until 1864, Schleswig-Holstein was part of Denmark, this is the area just south of Jutland.

Thanks, I shall make Kiel, Danish in the next version. :)

Yoda Power said:
Oh I just checked if you had deirectly assigned techs to them, I forgot the starts in napoleonic era thing, my fault.

I mean you forgot to add Victory Points, the original version had this.

I didn't say anything about capture the fald:p its not even part of this Conquest. I talked about the retain culture on capture flag, in the editor.

Now I understand about the VP. I'll get on it immediately!

About the 'capture the flag', I don't know why I wrote that, when I was clearly thinking about the 'retain the culture'. Maybe I'm just getting old. :(

EDIT: v0.3 now up

-Fixed the Uni's in Britain.
-'retain culture on capture' is now tagged.
-VP in proper locations, except removed Edinburgh VP for one in Cairo. Added on in Jerusalem.
-Kiel is now Danish.

It doesnt work for me. I installed the Mod and then copied your file
in the conquest folder. The game loads about 5 minutes and then exits with the message that he isnt able to find the militia art.
What did I wrong ? :(

It says: FILE NOT FOUND - Arts\Units\Militia\Militia.INI
I replaced the PediaIcons with yours btw.

Dedin said:
It says: FILE NOT FOUND - Arts\Units\Militia\Militia.INI
I replaced the PediaIcons with yours btw.
I get the same problem. There is no Militia folder in the Art\Units folder. You can work around it by changing the pediacons entry which reads:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Militia
Militia

to

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Militia
Musketman

or another unit that is already referred to in pediacons.txt- Musketman is possibly inappropriate for a militia unit but I don't know what Mr Black intended this unit to look like.

p.s.
I never liked this original scenario but I like the sound of these changes especially the bigger map and extra civs. I want to play it as France and kick some monarchal butt. I'll let you know how it pans out.

ARGHH :wallbash:

Yeah, I forgot to include the Militia folder. There is no art in there though, it's just the .ini file which directs you to the original Musketman graphic.

Anyway, I've got it included in there now.

well done, it appealed to my napoleonic ego to have this improved upon

it's good to see these 'REDUX' scenarios come out

Top Bottom