[Scenario] North America/Europe 1940

same error i get, usually on turn 4-10. depends who you're playing as, it usuaully occurs onthe opposing team. gamebreaking, meaning reload tot he last save and try to do it again,a nd it still happens, so you cant get through.

Wonderful minimod, but im afraid im going to abandon it for regular R.E.D.

But there must be some workaround as players have tilll turn 31 as seen in above post.
actually this one is so awesome the actual one seems lacking some things

But there must be some workaround as players have tilll turn 31 as seen in above post.
actually this one is so awesome the actual one seems lacking some things

Like I said before, I'm experiencing the same problem. Get to around turn 5 (as UK and US, haven't tried any other nations) after which the game crashes during turn processing :(

Couple more things:

Operation Torch ran 5 or so turns in a row. With many duplicate units. See attached picture.

Feb 30th 1942- Despite my Soviet Advance deep into Germany, an automatic event triggers and Warsaw is recaptured, all my planes killed. 3 new axis units appear.

Feb. 20th- U.S. and British can’t capture anything in North Africa. Feb. 20th still no cities. Units cut off.

I have successfully made it to turn 44 with only one or two crashes back around turn 10. I have deleted all instances of the special Russian Howitzer in order to make that happen.

Attachments

• Torsch.JPG
    Torsch.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 321
Couple more things:

Operation Torch ran 5 or so turns in a row. With many duplicate units. See attached picture.

Feb 30th 1942- Despite my Soviet Advance deep into Germany, an automatic event triggers and Warsaw is recaptured, all my planes killed. 3 new axis units appear.

Feb. 20th- U.S. and British can’t capture anything in North Africa. Feb. 20th still no cities. Units cut off.

I have successfully made it to turn 44 with only one or two crashes back around turn 10. I have deleted all instances of the special Russian Howitzer in order to make that happen.

Noted, will remove the ML-20 Howitzer, and update unit spawns.

Noted, will remove the ML-20 Howitzer, and update unit spawns.

is there a more up to date version than the one in the first post?

im willing to give it another chance, but that crash that occured early was reoccuring in some variety for every game i started.

is there a more up to date version than the one in the first post?

im willing to give it another chance, but that crash that occured early was reoccuring in some variety for every game i started.

Same here
tried once again
this time was able to play one more then the game ends on "updating data for player #3

Playing default v39 all goes fine on map 1939 huge currently 1943 may /
but playing yurs got CTDs 1939 5th turn or 1940 february, also all cities visible , making turns veryyyy slow whle whatching battles that do not have any impact on your situation in the world

Patch will come within a day or two. Seems that the ML-20 and Operations are the most common problems, Turn 3 CTD is likely because of OP Compass.

Will disable most operations in the alternative patch, but it will take some time to replace them. For the Reveal all Cities, is the checkbox reveal all checked? Haven't encountered this problem on my version.

Apologies for the buggy release, will try to fix what I can but it is hard to fix bugs which I cannot recreate on my end.

Patch will come within a day or two. Seems that the ML-20 and Operations are the most common problems, Turn 3 CTD is likely because of OP Compass.

Will disable most operations in the alternative patch, but it will take some time to replace them. For the Reveal all Cities, is the checkbox reveal all checked? Haven't encountered this problem on my version.

Apologies for the buggy release, will try to fix what I can but it is hard to fix bugs which I cannot recreate on my end.

waiting for update , yes checkbox reavel cities is checked , and seems code in lua is the same, but still cities visible.
btw what version of SDK do u use on this map ? cause 1.00.1 doesnt want to open map

Started some games as other than Russians to test:

America crashes on turn 3 Jan 1 1940 during the British's AI's turn.
Germany crashes on turn 5 Jan 30 1940 during the British's AI turn.

I guess I don't know if its actually the British or if British finishes and it moves onto the next AI which causes the crash.

Once again thanks for your hard work. This has the potential to be a fantastic scenario.

i somehow corrupted my data version 5 file. Is there a functional vanilla copy floating around to be downloaded somewhere? I dont have a gui set up for the dev copy branch, and am on holiday and really don't want to struggle through it, i just want to test with loading to see if a couple edits i have made break the game or not.

Tl:DR where is data version 5 hosted? its not on steam workshop, and i cannot find it archived anywhere (if i must use the development files, please explain how I find file version 5)

Thanks

i hate to say it but i think we dreamed a bit too big for the game engine constraints of civ5. gedemon asserted good foresight in creating unit caps for the game, and the crowding out of the battle space may not technically be in keeping with historical standards of 3rd generation warfare - massed manuever - but it certainly keeps the game playable. the 1939-1945 europe mod is much easier to contain. THis mod simply gives too many free units, flooding the cpu processing, and driving a stake through the heart of processessing time.

over the last week, i've tried to play 5 or 7 games on a older version that doesnt crash on turn5 every time - the one that starts in july 1940. By turn 50 or 60, the time per turn for the computer is aroumd 15-20 minutes. It'd take literal weeks of gameplay to finish a single game (getting to 1943 or 1944) with normal gameplay of a couple hours a night. I felt like such a boob sitting here reading a book while waiting for the turn, especially on the last one as America where aside from a minor naval engagement in the atlantic, i was waiting to move my expeditionary force to North Africa.

Anyway, barring some revultion in processing speeds for civ5 (and I wouldn't totally discount this possibility, R.E.D. removes a lot of traditional civ5 features that should also be removed from the calculations DLL), you need to scale this mod back. Less units that are much more powerful, less production, and a higher unit per turn city cap.

What i've been using on the 1939-1945 in the New Rules SQL is 50 units base cap, and then 1 per city and 25% by population. Germany is able to expand effectively, and Russia produces enough to contest - especially if you start Russia with all of the buildings free at the beginning.

A serious rethink is needed. It's a lot of great work, but it doesn't have a serious future because no one wants to sit through hours of gameplay to get through 5 or 6 turns

i somehow corrupted my data version 5 file. Is there a functional vanilla copy floating around to be downloaded somewhere? I dont have a gui set up for the dev copy branch, and am on holiday and really don't want to struggle through it, i just want to test with loading to see if a couple edits i have made break the game or not.

Tl:DR where is data version 5 hosted? its not on steam workshop, and i cannot find it archived anywhere (if i must use the development files, please explain how I find file version 5)

Thanks

I have the version 5 but I dont have any hosting site right now! I got it at 'https://github.com/Gedemon?tab=repositories' if I remember corectly. Its at the end of the list and the name is RED-WWII-Data. You will have to compile it.

i hate to say it but i think we dreamed a bit too big for the game engine constraints of civ5. gedemon asserted good foresight in creating unit caps for the game, and the crowding out of the battle space may not technically be in keeping with historical standards of 3rd generation warfare - massed manuever - but it certainly keeps the game playable. the 1939-1945 europe mod is much easier to contain. THis mod simply gives too many free units, flooding the cpu processing, and driving a stake through the heart of processessing time.

over the last week, i've tried to play 5 or 7 games on a older version that doesnt crash on turn5 every time - the one that starts in july 1940. By turn 50 or 60, the time per turn for the computer is aroumd 15-20 minutes. It'd take literal weeks of gameplay to finish a single game (getting to 1943 or 1944) with normal gameplay of a couple hours a night. I felt like such a boob sitting here reading a book while waiting for the turn, especially on the last one as America where aside from a minor naval engagement in the atlantic, i was waiting to move my expeditionary force to North Africa.

Anyway, barring some revultion in processing speeds for civ5 (and I wouldn't totally discount this possibility, R.E.D. removes a lot of traditional civ5 features that should also be removed from the calculations DLL), you need to scale this mod back. Less units that are much more powerful, less production, and a higher unit per turn city cap.

What i've been using on the 1939-1945 in the New Rules SQL is 50 units base cap, and then 1 per city and 25% by population. Germany is able to expand effectively, and Russia produces enough to contest - especially if you start Russia with all of the buildings free at the beginning.

A serious rethink is needed. It's a lot of great work, but it doesn't have a serious future because no one wants to sit through hours of gameplay to get through 5 or 6 turns

Unfortunately, it's just how it is when working with Civ V's engine.

The cause of V3's crashes is probably Operations and the scripted events, sadly they only seem to run fine on my computer. Guess this is why the Fall of France bug was so hard to fix. :crazyeye:

when is the next version due out dearthgod65?

Also, where would I find version two of this scenario? Thanks!

Small update
Spoiler :

Mostly art changes and several new units

• New Unit Class: Cavalry
  • New Unit Class: Light Infantry
  • New Units: Soviet Cavalry, Soviet Cossacks, Soviet NKVD Infantry
  • New Units: German Jager, German Motorised, German SS Motorised, German SS Cavalry
  • New Units: Romanian/Hungarian Cavalry, Hungarian Motorised
  • Waffen-SS unit Re-roled to Waffen-Grenadier Divisions (SS-Divisions raised after 1943), now 32 Strength and only can be built at the start of 1943.
  • Panzergrenadier now only can be built after 1942.
  • Many changes to Mountain Infantries

Art Changes - Unit Icons now show unit sizes and other unit information:
  • XXX - Corps
  • XX - Division
  • X - Brigade
  • III - Regiment
  • II - Battalion
  • G - Guards (Soviet)
  • NKVD - Internal Troops (Soviet)
  • ϟϟ - Waffen-SS (German)
  • CCNN - Blackshirts (Italian)
  • ● ● - Motorised
  • | - Light Infantry (Jager, Gurkha)
  • ▲ - Mountain Infantry (Gebirgsjager, Aipini)
  • S - Security (NKVD, Sich)

Other new unit flags include - Security, Fortress/Garrison, Horsed Cavalry, Commandos (UK/US),

Max compatibility version - (No Operations, no Soviet ML-20) coming soon

When I try to play as the U.K. it crashes on the loading screen. Any suggestions?

oh and I'm using the latest version of this mod and v.4 Data files....if that helps

Update: WIP on enlarged version of the map. 179x93 sized, map expanded to include more of the middle east and Soviet territory east of the Volga.

Major parts left: Soviet Union, Iran
Spoiler :

Currently also working on adding Finland as a playable nation. The basic template has already been added, will work on units after the new map is completed.

WIP Dawn of Man for Finland screen
Spoiler :

Plans until the v45 releases
  • Add Poland as a playable nation
  • Add Nationalist/Republican Spain as playable nations
  • Rework the Scenario to be more friendly to Alt-History (No forced Alliances, No Auto-Declared Wars, Change Date-Triggered events to decision made)

Top Bottom