1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

scenario play

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by chieflookout, May 18, 2008.

1. chieflookout

chieflookout Chieftain

I hope it's ok to post this here. It's not really strategy, but could be tips I guess. I just recently started playing scenarios, the dinosaur one specifically, and when I tried to load a saved game, it loaded with regular Civ units instead of dinosaurs. This may be a well-known phenomenon, but as I said, I just started playing them, lol. So, I put a new folder for saves in the main directory, instead of in the scenario folder. I was wondering how you save scenarios, so that the game will load them as scenarios. Do I need to put the saves in the folder for the specific scenario I am playing? Or the general scenarios folder? Or is it something else?

2. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

You have to make sure that it is saved specifically in the folder of the scenario you are playing. Always check before you save in Multiplayer Gold because it always leaves the last folder used open (usually only a problem if you are creating a scenario). Fortunately, you can move the save into the folder from wherever it is now and play from that.