1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CTP] Scenario question about Rivers

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Grandpa Troll, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll Ronin

I ahve been modding this game since shortly after it came out. I play strictly single player now. What I would like is a game with massive amounts of rivers and long rivers at that. Does anyone know which file and what parameters to alter?

I have altered Const.txt under the following:

PERCENT_RIVER 98 # percent of land with a river on it
    RIVER_LENGTH 120 # average river length
    RIVER_CELL_WIDTH 2 # Size of cells to be searched for river starts
    RIVER_CELL_HEIGHT 2 # (highest point in each cell)

This however does not give me the desired results.

(I have tried various settings however still not where I want to accomplish. I remember way back when a few guys made some scenarios and was pretty cool, plenty long rivers and mass amounts of good. Plenty Hills as well containing rivers.

I was hoping someone was still around who messed with scenario making and could give me some direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Gramps

2. Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll Ronin

I check CFC three times a day hoping beyond hope another hardcore CTP'er may still be around! Alas like me fading away into the sunset!!! But still hoping someone may be out there with some input!

Maybe that someone sees and dusts off their memory bank and culls out some previous experience to share! (Although this may just be the onset of early dimentia!!)

Take care Grandpa Troll