Scenario Questions

DeaExMachina

Warlord
Alright, since before Shadow I've been wanting to do some scenarios and now that Shadow seems to have gotten most of its bugs worked out I'm going to work on them. However I've hit a snag with one the more complex one I've been wanting to do which was also my favorite.

The scenario is "Escape From Hell" where you control Sabathiel and his followers as they tromp through a monster infested hell, battle the Generals of the First Layer and attempt to reach the Planar Portal where they may all flee to the safety of...well the Orc camps. :p

The first problem I've encountered is with the victory condition. I wanted to have Hyborem as the opponent instead of just Barbs but then I thought "If kill all units is on you can't win once you claim the only city." so I thought of how to make that city a capture win which lead me to thinking of placing the Alter there but then Hyborem would win at the start of the game so then I thought switching it to Barbs instead of Hyborem. Will the Barbs win if they control the completed Alter?

If the Barbs would win then can someone tell me how you go into the XML and create an alternate win condition? Could you do something like "Get 3 Settlers into Dis to win the game" and then put on "No Settlers" so the AI can't construct any.

My other problem has been with the Hero promotion. As I've played FFH I've encountered that when ever any unit gains the Hero promotion who isn't an already established Hero they never go above 100 XP no matter how many units I kill. I suppose that makes for a lot of early advantage but the end game advantage of those Heroes is pretty minimal since non-Hero units can get above their XP. Is there any way I can give my Angel unit Sabathiel Hero and allow him to breach 100 XP?

Thanks for any answers :D

While fighting barbs you can never get above 100exp the hero promotion does not stop it it just makes that noticable

Thats true barbs won't allow more than 100 xp,

But you could change that, i think it is in the global defines xml, change the barb xp number from 100 to anything you want if you are using barbs as the enemy, so that you continue to gain xp.

You could just make a python event that triggers when the mercurcians take the city.

Damn Niki you beat me to it. xD

I've been looking around to try and find some help with scenario ideas. I'd like special triggers events in it but I'm a total nub at the XML so I doubt it will be finished in a short period of time. I was thinking of things along the lines of finding other units that join your band as you go along and defeating the great generals of Hell's armies for their equipment.

Course if it all proves impossible for me to do I'll just get to doing my next planned scenario "The Fall of the Enlightened" about the Kuriotates creating a grand empire only to have greed destroy it. :p

I was worried that you had made this thread and I missed it when I posted last night, actually.

I know what you mean about finding people that join you; in Age of Empires, you could set units that joined automatically, and triggers were simpler as well.
(P.S. I have no plans for any Kuriotate scenario ;))

This part
TargetScore= the score a player must achieve to win the game. For an example the Desert War scenario uses TargetScore=6 as there are 6 objective cities in the game. If one team holds all 6 cities then they win the game. By itself you can define the actual score a player must achieve (in the score list on the right of the interface) but coupled with python can be an extremely powerful scoring utility. You must have Victory=VICTORY_SCORE for this method to work.
from this thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=135669
Looks like half of what we're looking for, but I don't know about the other half.

Course if it all proves impossible for me to do I'll just get to doing my next planned scenario "The Fall of the Enlightened" about the Kuriotates creating a grand empire only to have greed destroy it. :p

Actually, you could make a Kuriorates one about uniting the different races. You play as humans and must make permenant alliances with the Centaurs, Lamia, etc. Of course, the Age of Ice has ended, and lots of evil civs like Lamia flesh.

Kael in case you read this I found your old Beyond the Sword Editor with the Fall From Heaven editor in it. I see that it can help me create event triggers which I could use in the creation of scenarios for FfH. Is that version of the Editor still compatible with the current version of FfH or will there be issues if I attempt to use it?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=231917

Definite issues. Every version and patch of FfH includes the latest editor.

Top Bottom