SCENARIO: The Vietnam War Deluxe; 1965-1975

After my last post here I emailed El Justo. I got confirmation email has been delivered but no reading proof and no reply yet.
What should I do?

I think he is very busy and you should wait for an o.k.

Wanted to jump back into this scenario after watching a couple episodes of The Vietnam War PBS series. Was disappointed to see it is currently unavailable, but realizing its been so long (I didn't realize I was playing Civ3 at such a young age either!) its understandable. Dug out an old external hard drive and found the TCW files but not these. EJ, or anyone capable, I'd love to dive back into the scenario once again for nostalgic purposes. Let me know if it will be possible!

P.S. EJ made some of the greatest, and certainly best put together scenarios I've ever played. If nothing else, thanks for the fun!

'The Vietnam War: A film by Ken Burns' brought me here, stirred a longing in me of days spent on this mod. Coming back to Civfanatics forums I knew it wouldn't be available still, I've come back so many times before over the long years with a twinkle of hope that the latest comment would dig out copy of the game :sad:. I just miss those cat and mouse battles across 'nam man while enjoying that wicked soundtrack setting the mood. Alas, no joy so I wish to leave El Justo my compliments on one of the timeless Civ III mods that was ever created, thanks for the memories :thumbsup:

It's a pity that this scenario can no longer be downloaded. I had it at one time but lost it when my hard drive crashed on my old computer. Should have made a backup!

In any case has anyone tried to contact El Justo recently to get his permission to share this scenario again?

Question for Node60 or others who may have the scenario: The link in post #370 contains the BIQs for this scenario, but the asset files are from El Justo's earlier "Second Indochina War" scenario. Can someone link the current version for this scenario? I thought I had it years ago but it seems to have been lost in a hard drive migration.

It looks like there's a follow-up by wolf_66 in this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/el-justo-vietnam-war-scenario-revisited.657545/ . But it's always nice to have the latest El Justo version of a scenario as well.

ı had to replace my scenarios and stuff after some issues but ı have the .zip on my laptop as is . Dated from January 8th, 2014 (my date of downloading it) it comes with a second zip of maybe 90 KB(?) which contains two biqs , dated from May 10th, 2008 . Might still be that lndochina War stuff , didn't see that one . Will put them on limited use Mediafire on Monday - if they sound different enough from yours .

you are welcome , though ı would like it if more F-105s were available in the beginning , if there was more work being done on it .

you are welcome , and ı will take the opportunity to say that in case there is any re-working of the scenario there should be way more F-105s and maybe F-100s limited to a base or two where they will be unable to reach North and perhaps there shouldn't be 4(?) Wild Weasels of them in the game too .

my pleasure .

Top Bottom