Scenario: Turkish War of Independance

Yeah, I accidentally included in the upload the earlier version of the scenario, here is the corrected one.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32617/TurkV2.zip

However i do not understand what you are saying about the not being able to build turkish units, as even in the earlier versions of the game it worked fine for me.

:) Looking a lot better! Some of the unit graphics are historically inaccurate. If you like I can fix that.

You definitely need to sort out city production at the start of the game. As Gelion says, it is very tedious to click through all the double production pop ups and it looks messy!

I have not played the game yet but I am not convinced about the railroads. At the moment you could concentrate a huge army to capture Yerevan and the next turn send the whole lot to Izmir or Istanbul. This seems wrong to me. My advice would be to scrap the railroads entirely. They make a very well crafted map with varied terrain useless as the player can zip around the Railroads at the speed of light!

Regarding the tech tree. You could make a simple tree to drive events. For example:

If the Turks develop Tech #1 (Artillery Tech) an event is triggered to produce one extra artillery unit each turn in Ankara.

If you limited the number of good units available at the start of the game these reinforcements would be crucial for success and if there were no railroads the player would have to consider carefully where to sent them as they would not be able to shift back and forth so easily.

You could make some of the better units unbuildable and only available when the player develops the relevant tech.

I would concentrate on making this scenario playable only as the Turkish unless you intend it to be a multiplayer game. If it is designed to be a challenge for the Turks to win you can use the events to produce units for the other nations to prop up the AI which would often prefer to build Aqueducts in its cities when the enemy are attacking with massed artillery!

If you are interested I can post some example events

Attached is an document to explain events. Basically they consist of a trigger and an action with a few other commands that can be thrown in! Take a look at other peoples scenarios to see how thay are applied.

Attachments

• EVENTS TEMPLATE.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 104
Your events file must start with the lines @BEGINEVENTS and end with @ENDEVENTS. Here is an example of some events you could use with a little bit of modification:

@BEGINEVENTS

@IF
TURN
turn=1
@THEN
TEXT
Mustafa Kemal leads the Turkish people in a fight to liberate Turkey from the Greeks and other occupiers (Or whatever you want to say!)
ENDTEXT
@ENDIF

@IF
TURNINTERVAL
interval=2
@THEN
CREATEUNIT
unit=Anatolian Infantry
owner=Ottomans
veteran=yes
homecity=NONE
locations
endlocations
@ENDIF

@IF
CITYTAKEN
city=Constantinople
attacker=Serbs
defender=Ottomans
@THEN
TEXT
Serbian troops capture Constantinople, capital city of the Ottoman
Empire. You have achieved what Stefan Dušan could only dream of!
ENDTEXT
@ENDIF

@IF
UNITKILLED
unit=Ottoman Infantry
attacker=Anyone
defender=Ottomans
@THEN
CREATEUNIT
unit=Anatolian Infantry
owner=Ottomans
veteran=yes
homecity=NONE
locations
endlocations
@ENDIF

@ENDEVENTS

Yeah, I accidentally included in the upload the earlier version of the scenario, here is the corrected one.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32617/TurkV2.zip

However i do not understand what you are saying about the not being able to build turkish units, as even in the earlier versions of the game it worked fine for me.

Sorry, I checked it alll works perfectly. However as Werd pointed out I have a few "foreign" units at the start of the game. Am I supposed to have them?
Will you be changing other graphics also? (terrain/wonders/icons)

Looking forward to TurksV3

The Army of Islam is an Albanian with the white cap.

The Turkish Cavalry is an Australian.

The Soviet Conscript is a British Infantryman.

There are better graphics for the Settler, Engineer and Diplomat.

The French Infantry is a Newzealander.

The Greek Marine is an Austrian Infrantryman.

The Greek Militia is a British Infantryman in tropical gear.

The Armenian Infantry is an Australian in tropical gear.

The Armenian Rifleman is an Australian.

There are more accurate graphics for all these units. Give me a day or two and I will fix the file up, if you don't mind?

I'am a big fan of mustafa kemal and i want to play this scenario,but i can't download it,there's a problem in link probably.help please...

I think this hasn't been released yet. You could PM the author or check at Apolyton if there are more developments.

im very Impressed but in the Units i noticed some Planes with German insignia on them perhaps the units can more related to the map.

plus the Units does not include the French Estranger unit which is found in the Scramble for Africa scenario. its found here

http://www.soulie.com/civ/CBRINDEX.HTM

also look in there for other British units as well just get the Africa Continent modpack

look for this

At the Berlin Conference European Powers have divided Africa between themselves. But it's not everything decided... ©Ricardo Logus..

if you check out the Modpack/Scenario you will notice that the Ottoman Empire is show with Barbarians.

i prefer to use the 1884 Modpack for the period from 1700 to 1950. its very basic but its very balanced but only diffrence is i like to take away the destroyed wonders and give them to the remake wonders for instance Lighthouse of Alexandria then becomes Dutch east india company Built in Amsterdam. also i forget but i like to put in Edisons Labratory in Newyork city to be built in 1887 its What comes after Leonardos workshop from the 1400's or when ever. theres also the Forbidden City in Biejing i forget what it replaces but i put it in to make the Oriental Neutrals that much more Impressive. also another one is the Sphinx in Egypt. and when i get really far into the future there the Internet which replaces Great Library which was also in Alexandria and got destroyed.

from 1950 to 2200 i like to mainly use the Call to power Modpack cause it has Mechs and Super Submarines and or course Eco Terrorist's you will also notice that Nano Technoligy is the base line for many Inventions in this future. Nano Technology is the only Invention that makes the Nuclear Bombs obsolete.

just put in the link download the africa Scenario/modpack and get rid of the German planes and put in more colonial British Ground Units. them red out forms should still be in use before the world war one breaks out and have to be sent back to nearby cites to be disbanded to give you building points for what you really need.

Also they did not call it the Soviet union till 1922 after the russian civil war ended

also adjoin another map next to this map that shows Italy and Libya part of france and Spain it can have 7 civilizations too but the map has to perfectly fit corner to corner with it

the civ's of the map bordering your map on the west.
ITALY
LIBYA (just a few villiges resisting Italy they must be randomly placed Libya was not fully under Italien control till some point in the 1920's
FRANCE (Just a small corner)
MALTA (ocuped by the british)
SPAIN (what ever fits on the map)
French Rebels (they are protesting the ocupation of Turkey) crush them for glory of france
Neutral Nations (andorra,San marino and Monoco) do not worry about Vatican city it was not yet independent in 1919 even after independence its just only 1,000 people just part of a greater Rome city

Top Bottom