Scenarios & Modcomps

I would like to see something in the Discovery/Colonization Era.

A Scenario with Portugal, Netherlands, etc. It would be very cool :) And play with the colonies for independence. Like Brazil, Argentina, Gran Colombia, etc.

This is clearly where this mod will be going once Rhye ties up the final development.

It will be great to see fans extend the life of this mod by adding their own offerings and scenarios are the perfect possibility as they dont generally require an inordinate amount of modding knowledge.

I have been thinking about that idea too.
A 1000AD scenario
a 1830 AD (after the French Revolution)
That would be nice to see.

This is clearly where this mod will be going once Rhye ties up the final development.

It will be great to see fans extend the life of this mod by adding their own offerings and scenarios are the perfect possibility as they don't generally require an inordinate amount of modding knowledge.

That was one of the reasons I opened this thread. I couldn't bear to see the mod die.

OK, here's a suggestion: When we've discussed it a little more, the most popular ideas are put into the poll. We then collectively work on the scenarios in the order of popularity. Good idea?

I know, Belgium gaind it's independence because the great alliance was bussy opressing the Polish revolution and could do the same in Belgium. That's why 1830 is should a nice year for the start of a scenario. Nations were forming and everything was getting in place for the modern age.

the poll is a great idea.

but i think this will end up with MODs of THE MOD of a great game.

Questions is,
do we make scenarios's of an age,

or

do we make scenario's that start at a suretain date and then just become RFC again that have civs with there historical cities to start with at that date?

I'll vote for the second idea

Indeed, 1830 was a very very important turning point :

On the politic side :

Independance of Greece, Poland, Belgium and Serbia

Beginning of the French Colonization in Africa (First Algerian War)

First tensions between the Mexican and USA governement before the American-Mexican War.

On the economic side :

First Railway between Liverpool and Manchester (England, sorry, Britain is the first to enter into the Industrial Period)

You can start to draw some UHVs :

USA : Conquer Mexico and reach 10% of the land mass in 1914

Japan : enter the Modern Era before 1914

France - Great Britain = Be the first in territory in 1914

China : Do not lose any cities before 1914

What do you think?

A few suggestions:

- Creating a scenario is quite a complex thing, especially because RFC creates the world dinamically. For a static scenario it's better if you start a game and make it run automatically until the year, edit it from the WB and then post 1 savegame for each playable civ, switching by python the players the human player controls

- I think the most interesting thing to do would be contests. Something like what I did in post civ3 RoC (the Goal-based Challenges: http://rhye.civfanatics.net/roc_GC.html especially the 2nd). Civ4 offers great tools for doing this kind of things - just edit the UHVs

- For doing a nice work, you should rely on someone who has already edited my code - Vishiang or CyberChrist.

If you really think that's the best way to do it then we should do it that way. I had hoped however to have more complicated scenarios with edited time-spans and new tech trees. If this is too complicated then we will use your method.

Contests look like an interesting idea, and would probably be something GOTM-esque.

If any of the people who have already edited Rhye's code could help I'd be very grateful!

the poll is a great idea.

but i think this will end up with MODs of THE MOD of a great game.

Questions is,
do we make scenarios's of an age,

or

do we make scenario's that start at a suretain date and then just become RFC again that have civs with there historical cities to start with at that date?

I'll vote for the second idea

I'll vote for the second idea too ;)

Top Bottom