Scenario's objectives

ikicampeon

Chieftain
Hi, Civfanatics.

Recently I've found and downloaded the game Mac version, but I'm not able of finding what are the specific objectives of each civilization for the different scenarios. Anyone there could help me?
Thanks in advance...

Trying to give you first answers here, before others may aim your doubts accuratly and give a perfect statement :

First, there is the civilisation version question :
Civ2 MGE ?
Civ 2 ToT (1.1) ?
Civ2 ToTPP ?
Cov2 ToTPP with lua on ?

Second comes the scenario question :
Is that a "vanilla" scenario ?
Is it rather an independant designer scenario ?

Scenario are a meeting between the designer and the player vision in the civ2 media over a set universe, be it historical, fantastic, both or whatever.
While some scenario are strongly leading you towards clear objectives (see the excellent Napoleon scenario for ToTPP with lua per exemple), others may give the player more power to manifest their own vision, thus making their own choices to clear their own objectives.

Still, many scenario uses the "objectives" system given by the vanilla game : in any scenario, you may check this in the victory conditions ;)

@Dadais pretty much nailed it. There are three objective systems available to any scenario:

1. The "score" system from the base game.
2. An "objective system" set in game where different cities are worth 1 or 3 points (or 2 or 4+ if wonders are counted as objectives).
3. A designer-defined objective system, which you'll find in the scenario's readme. For example, Case's "The Cruel Sea" comes with an excel sheet that compiles a score based on unit casualties.

Thanks for your answers. I'm playing in the Multiplayer Gold Edition and I was talking about the two scenarios included in the game: Rome and WWII. How could I say what are the specific goals, for instance, playing with Spain in te context of WWII? In "Civilization Score" I found a mention to the number of objectives, but not what they were.

This Sid Miers scenario is centered on the axis struggle, thus giving aim to players
-either to as the axis achieve an amount of objective
-either as other power to make the axis loose (or win if you wish), by making him not have (or have) said objectives.

To see what these objectives are, you may look at cities, where it will be written.
temp.png

In the mean time, this scenario allows you to define your own objectives. While it won't be figured in the ending score, you may choose to play with your own challenge (my brothers and I used to play a "rebuild the neutral power to crush back others" challenge few years ago with this scenario per exemple)

Many others scenarii covers the ww2 period, providing their designers vision, like McMonkey wwii europa 's one, or a hell bunch for ToT and ToTPP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom