Schnappi das Kleine Krokodil

Marla_Singer

United in diversity
The world is fantastic as things you would never imagine happens over there. :)

When I was on the subway last week, there was a kid with his mother beside me. And that kid, which wasn't a tourist, has started to sing out loud. However, what sounded as weird to my ears is that the kid wasn't singing in French... here are the lyrics :

"Ich bin Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil.
Komm aus Ägypten, das liegt direkt am Nil.
Zuerst lag ich in einem Ei,
dann schni, schna, schnappte ich mich frei

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp
Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp..."

That was weird. But anyway, I thought he was probably a bilingual kid so I didn't bother. However, once in front of my TV tonight, I've started to watch the music channel. And what did I see in front of me ? A German speaking Egyptian crocodile... Now that sounded even weirder to me.

I was watching the French charts. And according to what the lady's voice was saying, Schnappi is a cartoon which has never been broadcasted in France. There has never been any advertising for the music of Schnappi over here. However, German kids have the internet, and French kids have the internet... so the Schnappi crocodile has spread.

Today, Schnappi's song, exclusively in German version, is n°10 of the French charts ! Obviously, French kids love him ! :crazyeye:

Actually, I wonder how it could get such a success as it sounds like a usual cartoon song which nothing exceptionnal. But anyway, that's the way it goes with the internet today. For those who're curious, here's how look Schnappi's video. :)

brings back memoeries of the last childrens song you posted here, which was surpringlly kick ass :crazyeyes: (who was it by agian?)

Our German teacher had us listen to that song...very catchy. Yet very annoying at the same time.

Also unlike your like it was a techno version.

Heh, I was addicted to that song for a day or two, a couple of months back... Translated it into English and Hebrew cause people on the forum I moderate wanted to know what it meant and I wanted to practice my German a bit... Heh... I don't dare see/hear it again, I may get hooked on it all over again...

Xen said:
brings back memoeries of the last childrens song you posted here, which was surpringlly kick ass :crazyeyes: (who was it by agian?)
It seems only kids are still buying CD's in these days. Indeed, you're correct. I've posted a children song before. It was Ilona Mitrecey's "Un monde parfait".

Number one in New Zealand for about a month I think - and keeping plenty of big names down.

My son loves this - we turn up the sound and boogey on down together :D

Marla_Singer said:
It seems only kids are still buying CD's in these days. Indeed, you're correct. I've posted a children song before. It was Ilona Mitrecey's "Un monde parfait".

CD's in general (which I find kind of hard to belive) or stuff by Ilona Mitrecey?

If the French public in general has slowed down on buying CD's I have a few musical suggestions that I'd be happy to give ;)

Xen said:
CD's in general (which I find kind of hard to belive) or stuff by Ilona Mitrecey?

If the French public in general has slowed down on buying CD's I have a few musical suggestions that I'd be happy to give ;)
What I meant is that as obviously all adults are getting their music through mp3's... kids are the only one remaining to buy cd's... that's how I explain that children songs are trusting the charts currently in France anyway. :p

But anyway, if there's really an industry where quantity doesn't mean quality, it would be certainly music. It's insane the number of crap which sells very well.

:totallyagree:

alot a times, its the real good bands that dont get a huge load of attention; two bands I have my eyes on, are Interpol (who have been on the rise for a little while now), and a newer band, Keiser Cheifs (an english band; I liek half thier stuff right off the bat, the other half is "meh", but you get used to it after a while)

that said, I used to get all my music by downloading mp3's, till my last computer died cause I downloaded a virus or two as well :ack:

Can't believe that! I think that song was #1 in Germany and it was extremely annoying. When I drive to my university I usally listen to the radio. Can't hear it anymore! Though I must say I would love to hear some Frenchies sing it. :lol:

After having read the OP I thought about this French song, too. And you know what? I was recently zapping through the various TV channels and saw "Un monde parfait" on our music channels. It was #2 in Germany. :crazyeye:

Also, wasn't Axel F #1 in the UK charts? :lol:

kronic said:

Can't believe that! I think that song was #1 in Germany and it was extremely annoying. When I drive to my university I usally listen to the radio. Can't hear it anymore! Though I must say I would love to hear some Frenchies sing it. :lol:
Especially when it's a kid. Anyway, I'm not sure he got the first stanza fully correctly but he got the chorus very well. :p

After having read the OP I thought about this French song, too. And you know what? I was recently zapping through the various TV channels and saw "Un monde parfait" on our music channels. It was #2 in Germany. :crazyeye:
:rotfl:

I'd love to see a Schnappi/Trogdor deathmatch.

Is Schnappi a dragon or a dinosaur? It's hard to tell.

Dr. Yoshi said:
I'd love to see a Schnappi/Trogdor deathmatch.

Is Schnappi a dragon or a dinosaur? It's hard to tell.
What about a Schnappi vs Yoshi deathmatch. :mischief:

It's supposed to be a crocodile.

Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil = Schnappi the little crocodile

kronic said:
Also, wasn't Axel F #1 in the UK charts? :lol:
The current #1 in France is Dezil'... I guess that holidays have something to do with the fact it's at the top. You feel as if you were in the Indian Ocean while hearing it. Furthermore that...hmm... well, she's pretty hot I must confess. However, I'd say she's too young to show her in bath suits like this.

dont know why you guys hate it. its about the damned cuteist thing I've seen in a while for a childrens program/song ;)

(it'd be nice to see it get translated, and pop over in teh US; its alot better the most of the garbage shown nowadays. it might even make up for when europe (well, britian) sent us the telly-tubbies :ack: )

Marla_Singer said:
The current #1 in France is Dezil'... I guess that holidays have something to do with the fact it's at the top. You feel as if you were in the Indian Ocean while hearing it. Furthermore that...hmm... well, she's pretty hot I must confess. However, I'd say she's too young to show her in bath suits like this.
Oh well...I'm going to France next week. But this is the kind of song that regularly takes the top of the charts. Nobody will probably speak about her anymore in one year.

kronic said:
Oh well...I'm going to France next week. But this is the kind of song that regularly takes the top of the charts.
Yeah that's usual, especially in summer.

Nobody will probably speak about her anymore in one year.
I guess September will be enough once everyone will be back home. ;)

Marla_Singer said:
I guess September will be enough once everyone will be back home. ;)
Hopefully. I doubt I want to hear it more than ten times in the radio when I'm there. :lol:

Top Bottom