School Life - Past,Present, and Future

Junglecutter

Honorable Delegate
Lets all share our school experiences. Everyone has had atleast something interesting happen while they were going to school...:)

Heres some things we can talk about

-What was school like when you were there?
-Favorite subjects/teachers?
-Lunch food...good/bad?
-Moments/events?
-Anything that happed to you?:mischief:
-How has school changed over the years?
-School punishments?:mischief:
-Will school eventually disapear?/Is there a need for it?
-
-
-

I brought my own lunch every year from first grade to my senior year of high school - although I would occasionally buy something in HS, as they had a professional cafeteria service that had decent pizza.

History was usually my favorite class, of course, since I didn't take any really cool courses until I got to college.

Because my intelligence level exceeded that of my classmates and age, it was quite boring. I supposedly "acted out", because of that.

History/Social Studies, Science, Math.
Mrs. Uhrig - General Studies, 3rd Grade
Mrs. Rhue - General Studies, 6th Grade
Mrs. Brock - English, 8th Grade
Mr. Keener - Science, 9th Grade
Mr. Conway - History, 10th Grade
Sonia - General Studies, 12th Grade
Lenny - General Studies, 12th Grade

-Lunch food...good/bad?

Decent.

-Moments/events?

In the middle of my 12th grade year, Sonia left. She was the reason that I stayed in school. She was also someone who fought for me in more ways that I can tell you. I am forever grateful for knowing her.

-Anything that happed to you?

Isn't this the same as "moments/events"?

When I was in school, there was no compulsory community service nor were there Senior projects. Most schools, that I am aware of, require such things for graduation, now.

-School punishments?

When I started, in elementary, corporal punishment was still allowed, with parental permission. Shortly thereafter, it was illegalized, but our Principal still kept the paddle, because the students didn't know that ;)

There will always be a need for education. Schools may evolve, but they won't dissappear.

Junglecutter said:
it sucked.
Mr. Koodoo, he had 11 fingers and would spend entire afternoons telling us stories about his childhood.
They still had the strap when I was in elementary school. But the worst punishment I ever got was being forced to spend lunchbreak outside when it was -40C (swearing)

What was school like when you were there? Interesting.
Favorite subjects/teachers? Mathematics, chemistry and physics.
Lunch food...good/bad? I brought my own and it was of course good.
Moments/events? The entire phenomenon called 'russefeiring'
Anything that happened to you? Girls, girls, girls...
How has school changed over the years? :dunno:
School punishments? None.
Will school eventually disapear?/Is there a need for it? No, let the lunatics run the asylum... :rolleyes:

JonnyB said:
But the worst punishment I ever got was being forced to spend lunchbreak outside when it was -40C (swearing)

Bah, we once went out in -40C just because we really wanted to play football. :p

History_Buff said:
Bah, we once went out in -40C just because we really wanted to play football. :p

Bah, we once went out in -78C to pick up dry ice for our science experiment!

:p

It was good but I did not listen!

Phys ed, Home ec, History, economy and English (high-school)

-Lunch food...good/bad?

I always had my lunches but on occasion I ate at school .... which was pretty horrible food. Once a week I took a 5$ and went to a nice market near the school to get a sausage sandwish with sourkraut

-Moments/events?

I won a prize (meritas award) because I continually gained grades throughout the year.

-Anything that happened to you?

I was the school reject ..... so you guys can imagine all that has happened

Not that I know of.

-School punishments?

Detention at least 3 times a week all the time.

yes there is a need and I hope it dosent dissapear.

Junglecutter said:

Prison. Seriously.

History
American Government
Drafting

-Lunch food...good/bad?

Good freshman year, bad the next 3.

-Moments/events?

Apart from the usual fights, drinking, and skipping, nothing memorable.

I was de-pantsed and de-boxered my freshman year in front of the whole class. Good thing I was never easy to embarass.

Freshman year was amazing with our old school. The new one was horrible since then came the police, lockdowns, cameras, and drug sniffing dogs.

I got more in trouble by other schools than my own, but that is a different story all together.

There is a need for education! :)

4th and 5th grades were the peak of my life, it's all been and will continue to be downhill from there.

That's not to say I'm all depressed now or something, I had tons of fun throughout junior high, highschool, and up to these days. But it will never ever ever surpass elementary school.

Junglecutter said:
What was school like when you were there?

Middle school was a small private school with obnoxious, spoiled, middle to upper class kids. High school is very diverse, and has a high rate of drop outs and fights, and good teachers.

Junglecutter said:

English, writing, short stories. Those classes involved to different english teachers, who are the best at my high school. My 6th grade teacher was awesome.

Junglecutter said:
-Lunch food...good/bad?

Good first two years, mediocre third year, senior year is absolute crap.

Junglecutter said:
-Moments/events?

Don't know.

Junglecutter said:

I got older.

Junglecutter said:

Not much.

Junglecutter said:

None.

Junglecutter said:

No, and yes (it is necessary).

I didn't like school. I spent most of the time trying to hide from everyone and stay by myself. If I got near anyone they would bully me. It got so bad I had to go home a lunch to avoid everyone. The teachers couldn't do anything, and for a while put me in all the bottom classes. I ended up failing all my exams.

I enjoyed school appart from my last year.

Fifty said:
4th and 5th grades were the peak of my life, it's all been and will continue to be downhill from there.

That's not to say I'm all depressed now or something, I had tons of fun throughout junior high, highschool, and up to these days. But it will never ever ever surpass elementary school.

I am going to have to agree. My hottest, first, and only 2nd girlfriend I had in 5th grade. Those two grades were easy academically, and in fourth grade our soccer team won the league championship. In 5th grade our island's travel team won the Arundel Cup (big deal cause Anne Arundel County=huge and Kent Island=tiny). Plus, my best friends were in those grades. Ever since then most of my friends have turned into deuche bags, and aren't really what you would consider "best friends".

Atlas14 said:
I am going to have to agree. My hottest, first, and only 2nd girlfriend I had in 5th grade. Those two grades were easy academically, and in fourth grade our soccer team won the league championship. In 5th grade our island's travel team won the Arundel Cup (big deal cause Anne Arundel County=huge and Kent Island=tiny). Plus, my best friends were in those grades. Ever since then most of my friends have turned into deuche bags, and aren't really what you would consider "best friends".

:eek: Wow, that is a LOT like me. The only real difference is that I've had better girls since then. In fourth grade my team won the school kickball championship, adn in 5th grade my soccer team got 2nd in the Adidas Evergreen International Tournament, and first in a bunch of local tournaments. Many of my friends from those days have turned into burnouts, drug dealers, and general idiots. Back then, my dog was healthy, and more importantly, my mom was alive. I had two of my favorite teachers in 4th and 5th grade as well.

I'm currently a Sophmore at Gonzaga College High School in downtown Washington D.C. It is a private, Catholic school known around the area for great academics and community service. This is very different from my junior high school, a Public School in Arlington. I go to school in a carpool, and go home on the subway every day. My school is in the middle of Sersum Corta, an urban ghetto in DC.

This year, my favorite subjects are Computer Science Tools, AP European History, and Algebra II/Trigonometry. My favorite teachers are/were Mr. Hare, Mr. Schoureck, Sr. Languilles, and Mr. Easter.
-Lunch food...good/bad?

The lunch food is good at our school, but also extremely over-priced because of kids stealing food.

-Moments/events?

We have many intense rivals, and the football games are events. Imagine 500 teenage boys in all-purple, with face paint, and a quarter of them are drunk. That's what we call our Student Section. We also have our mixers, very fun, and lots of chicas. :groucho:

One of our rival's, DeMatha, mascot is the Stags. Well, me and my friend brought one of those plastic deer to practice targeting on to a game and ripped it to sheds and burned it.

It's gotten harder and harder, and a lot more writing, notes and homework.

We have JUG, or Justice Under God, and you either pick up trash in the school parking lot or write out the student handbook. Both of them are not fun.

School, in general, will not dissapeer. There is always a need to learn.

My school will probably dissaper in the next 50 years, as the neigborhood continues to decline and more parents are afraid of sending their kid into the heart of DC to learn.

Top Bottom