Science Advisor is truly overpaid!!

glaciermi

Chieftain
Our civilization is producing x science with our x population. Now thats efficiency!!

He could be replaced with one accountant and a calculator.

Does he ever offer any other advice?

Only the military and foreign advisor actually helps, lol. And even then it's like... pretty useless.

At least they minimized the advisor UI now and replaced with culture/diplo screen that's more helpful.

Except the shortcut key is the 'V' key, which I fat-finger a lot. At least they tell you which resources you can trade to another civ.

Well, I try to think about it as "moral support". He tells you that you're efficient even if you're generating 200 science by 1901 AD. A cruel (but realistic) advisor would tell you: "It's the down of the 20th Century and we're only generating 200 science! You suck! I had enough of this, I resign!"

Foreign advisor is actually quite useful for quickly telling you who might buy your resouces. I use V for that now quite a lot!

He gives you everything you need to know in one go. Now that's efficiency!

Military is useful because he usually compares your military strength to other nations, however, he always seems to forget to mention my NEIGHBOURS.

I miss the cool animated advisers that was in Civ2 I think. You actually felt like you had Humans with you there!

I miss the cool animated advisers that was in Civ2 I think. You actually felt like you had Humans with you there!

Those Civ2 advisers were so great. I liked the military adviser the best. He yelled at you a lot... "Build city walls!!!!" :mad:

As for the advisers in this game. Only the foreign and military adviser is useful. Although don't look for the military advisers advice when at war, he usually says its not going well and we ought to surrender... :crazyeye:

André Alfenaar;12708874 said:
I would really love to have the civ2 advisors in CiV. It adds so much fun! :)

Especially during Anarchy. All speaking / yelling at once (one was singing if I recall!) The CA says "I'm outta here!" smirks and walks out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPC08cPGJw

Those Civ2 advisers were so great. I liked the military adviser the best. He yelled at you a lot... "Build city walls!!!!" :mad:

As for the advisers in this game. Only the foreign and military adviser is useful. Although don't look for the military advisers advice when at war, he usually says its not going well and we ought to surrender... :crazyeye:
Civ Rev had thoroughly enjoyable military advisors as well. Gameplay might have beens shallow, but the presentational elements were the best of the series.

No more overpaid than the weather forecaster in Perth Australia. For 6 months he can say "Bloody hot" and for the rest of the year have a sign "Wet and windy" and spend his time in France.

The science advisor knows you are a busy person and just doesn't want to take up too much of your time so he keeps it brief is all...

All advisors are terrible. I have a barracks in every city, the military advisor lists every single city as having a barracks. The foreign advisor giving you info about who you could trade stuff to is the only thing that is actually useful in there, and even that is presented poorly.

Top Bottom