Polytheism
Monarcy (Through popular demand)
Mathematics
Construction
Code Of Laws
Philosophy
The Republic
Currency

Can we please do this a few techs at a time? There is no way we can pick a science queue one age at a time...

Remember that the older the temple the better. They are not measured by turns but by years right?

I voted neither. Ironworking should be first and then those techs leading to monarchy.

I agree with eyrei that we should be voting on a shorter science queue. We do need some long term goals though. It would be nice to have a long queue of some sort in place as it would help us to decide which techs to take in trade if possibilities arise.

Originally posted by eyrei
Can we please do this a few techs at a time? There is no way we can pick a science queue one age at a time...

I do it this way is incase something happens during the T/C that requires along queue. Their was one T/C last demogame that we got 6 technologies. We need a queue prepared for that. Also you can at anytime ask for it to be changed at any time in the queue discussions thread.(I'll do simple tech switching etc without a citizens poll ,but anything major is going to a poll).

Originally posted by Strider

I do it this way is incase something happens during the T/C that requires along queue. Their was one T/C last demogame that we got 6 technologies. We need a queue prepared for that. Also you can at anytime ask for it to be changed at any time in the queue discussions thread.(I'll do simple tech switching etc without a citizens poll ,but anything major is going to a poll).

This is fine as long as we vote on a few techs at a time, as well as on the long term goals.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
we cant go straight to monarchy. we need to get the gl. its been proven in many a thread that the GL should be a priority.
c'mon iron/alpha/writing/lit

I sure wish we'd have an official poll on the grate liberry thing.

So basically, this poll is meaningless? No sense in voting here...

Originally posted by Cyc
So basically, this poll is meaningless? No sense in voting here...

Perhaps it would be best to close this one down and go back to the drawing board.

The science progression is so difficult to define in the Ancient Age, IMHO. I find I often trade or find at least half of the techs I acquire meaning the research queue is not the most important thing to me. By the time we research 1 tech, we could trade or find 3. And then everything changes.

My personal wish is to have the science queue kind of reflect the proposal I have made in the Wonder plan poll: The Wonder Plan By co-operating together, I hope we can most efficiently steer our ship successfully out of the Ancient age.

I voted for Stuck's queue. Ideally, I'd do IronWorking first, and then develop towards Monarchy.

In reality, trading will determine the order in which techs are acquired. IMO its better to develop down a path, allowing more free techs to be acquired at settlements, and increasing the chance to develop a unique tech that can be widely traded.

Originally posted by civ_steve
I voted for Stuck's queue. Ideally, I'd do IronWorking first, and then develop towards Monarchy.

In reality, trading will determine the order in which techs are acquired. IMO its better to develop down a path, allowing more free techs to be acquired at settlements, and increasing the chance to develop a unique tech that can be widely traded.

I've found that it's easier doing the oppisite. I use this way because:

1. I've had a few games where I went down want tech path and the AI went down the other. If I go down a scientific path and he goes down military then he can wipe you off the planet. You go down military and he goes down science then he'll produce techs alot faster, easily beating you in the tech race.

2. The AI normally goes straight down the monarchy path.(or seems to normally do). While they go down their I normally go straight for liturature and then speed to get The Republic which has a higher cost rate then monarcy (meaning their willing to trade monarcy for The Republic)

I voted for Strider's as it starts with Iron working. Period. I expect the queue will be revised as the game progresses and our situation changes

Originally posted by Danke
I voted for Strider's as it starts with Iron working. Period. I expect the queue will be revised as the game progresses and our situation changes

Exactly.... Also you may request changes at anytime you wish, but only if it gets an majority vote will it put it through.

How many times are we going to kick this dead horse?

Well, people keep voting in this poll. It's not too far from reaching quorum which would make it binding! :eek:

Top Bottom