Science Que

amirsan

King of all Kings
This is a suggestion for our science que;

As you know Monarchy is a very Valuble technology as should be used to our advantage. After researching Math I think we should Trade and get Mysticm and start researching Poly>Monarchy. This will help us 100%. We can trade it for alot and if we dont we just be the only one with a good Government.

The chart below shows how much we will be ahead;

Red: What we are researching already
Blue: To be traded
Yellow: To be researched

edit*** Forgot to put poll. Please post replies.

I like it. It looks like others are already headed for Monarchy, so we shouldn't be left behind. Go Monarchy!

I'd go for currency and trade it afterwards. Shouldn't we go in Republic instead of Monarchy? Wars won't probably be fought for over than 20 turns and we would greatly benefit the added commerce.

Yeah republic is far better than monarchy, even for wars. Just look at some succession games when they wage war most/all of the game, and they are a republic and not monarchy. The WW isn't even that big a deal.

Keep in mind that we intend to trade for Writing as well. Also, depending on what happens between now and when we do get Math & Writing, we should consider the possibility of pursuing Literature or Map Making.

Originally posted by Zukatah
I'd go for currency and trade it afterwards. Shouldn't we go in Republic instead of Monarchy? Wars won't probably be fought for over than 20 turns and we would greatly benefit the added commerce.

Monarchy seems better trade wise. The tech path has Polytheism and Monarchy. It seems we also have some future wars. Even though we dont want to go for a Monarchy Government, then we can trade it. About Currency, I proposed that tech path before but everyone said that it is not a valuble tech in MultiPlayer... as they said...

Quote by FortyJ_______________________________________________
Keep in mind that we intend to trade for Writing as well. Also, depending on what happens between now and when we do get Math & Writing, we should consider the possibility of pursuing Literature or Map Making.

YES, why research Map and Lit., lets just trade it. Let them research those techs and we research two valuble techs to trade.

polytheism is not the power tech it is in single player. It has little practical purpose in on itself.

Personally, I think map making will trade much higher than most of the other techs in this game.

I would head for currency after math as well, and depending on the situation *possibly* literature.

What do other civs would want Monarchy when nobody will use it? Yes the value in the editor is great but if it's not valuable, they won't want to trade to get it. They don't even need it to go to another age.

Currency and then work with Apo for Republic. One works on Code of Laws. The other Philo.

I'm not so sure I agree with the notion of allowing the other civs to research some of those "critical" techs (Lit, Maps, etc).

Depending on the situation, if we have a legitimate shot at getting either the Great Lighthouse or the Great Library, we should give it the old college try. If we rely on trade to acquire these techs, we're as much as surrendering the possibility of getting those wonders.

If we are to focus on TGLib or TGLig then I'd pick the TGLig because less civs are going for it. But I'd rather so after Sun Tzu.

I dont realy get u guys. Last time I strongly suggested Currency but everyone said it was a totally bad idea and suggested to go with Monarchy. Now Im suggesting Monarchy and everyone is going for Currency. What is this, am I loosing my mind or is everything I say that bad?????

Anyways, I'm posting a tech importance poll (got the idea from the Demo Game). Lets realy find out what u guys realy want, because thats the way I go :D

Since I think we should be focusing on science and military, I'm not too interested in currency. However, currency might be great for trading.

I have zero interest in Monarchy. I think we should become a republic instead, and so do most other civs I'm sure.

Top Bottom