science victories?

PrettyRevenge

Chieftain
Are the 3 main victories are all basically all science victories? I hope so, Ill think it will give more focus on making policies or "virtues" like social engineering

Yes. The victories are actually unlocked by affinity levels, but science is the main way of gaining affinity levels, so they are indirect science victories.

I think the Harmony is closest to a science vctory as it corresponds to ascension which was the SMAC science victory. I hope the warp gate will only be one of the last steps for a Purity and Supremacy victories and will require a strong military. Purity will have to defend the settlers from earth when they arrive and Supremacy will need to send massive amounts of military units to Earth.
The true science victory is probably Contact and it will almost certainly be the first I'll try to achieve.

Are the 3 main victories are all basically all science victories? I hope so, Ill think it will give more focus on making policies or "virtues" like social engineering

Not really, they are like a science victory in that you need to build things with certain techs. However, the warpgate becomes available Midgame. So there are more important things than just a tech rush.

Not really, they are like a science victory in that you need to build things with certain techs. However, the warpgate becomes available Midgame. So there are more important things than just a tech rush.

Also the very nature of the tech web does not exclude a faction with low reasearch from achievening a science type victory. You'll need significant production capabilities to pull it off, as well as defensive factility. And virtues will influence all of those.

Its more a builder victory than a science victory. Needless to say: I like it.

I think we'll have to wait until release before we know what the true bottleneck is.

e.g. Diplomatic victory in Civ IV's bottleneck was military (quickest path to get diplomatic victory by forcing those opposed to you into becoming your vassals), but it became science in Civ V (reaching the tech of the UN was the real bottleneck, both before and after BNW)

If supremacy just cares about raw number of units passing thru the warp gate, then easyist path could be build ultra cheap units in a designated city while cheap units are still possible to build. Meanwhile, the capital focuses on science and beelines to the warp gate in the tech web. But if more advanced troops required, then it's going to be sensitive to how far along the most advanced unit type needed is in the tech web along with cost of upgrading units to it (and is it even possible to upgrade the BE equivalent to the SMAC 1-1-1 scout to it)

Purity is going to be sensitive to how many colonists come thru and how much of the world you need to place them where needed. But its clear that to defend them you need to keep the army up to date.

Beyond Earth is a science fiction game about space colonization. If you don't think science should play a role in pretty much any victory condition, I don't know what to tell you.

Are you implying that im implying that VCs being mostly SV is bad?

Are you implying that im implying that VCs being mostly SV is bad?

the strange thing is: nobody in the thread actually said that he does not like science (victory) in BE or something the like. Imho Arioch just misunderstood someone.

Yeah, its not that science doesn't play a role, its what the Bottleneck is.

ie you will need to have some science, but it is not a race to then end of the tech tree like the space race (you might have to get to the outer ring, but that is pretty easy)

I think they aren't science victories as much as the steps involved would most resemble a CivV science victory
1. get certain techs (but you don't need to finish off the tech tree for the BE victories)
2. Build certain things throughout your empire (first the big wonder, and then pour production into it..either directly, or by building units)

That explains the Contact, Supremacy, and Harmony victories

The Purity Victory might be a little more militaristic as you have to have a certain amount of territory to win.

Top Bottom