1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Science Victory in the Classical Era

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQuayle, Nov 27, 2020.

1. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

At the beginning of Rise and Fall, when Magnus still provided 100% from chops and Goddess of the Harvest was still a thing, you could achieve a science victory below T130 at standard speed with planning and a bit of luck.

Some of you may also remember in 2016 right after civ6's release, the infamous infinite gold trade bug were it was very easy to accumulate very large sums of gold early in the game. The Scythia Horse economy was also a thing where Maneuver provided 100% production and you could disband units for large sums of gold.

Only then was it possible to get a sub T100 science victory at standard speed.

However, that long forgotten era is back with the Nalanda bug.

Although I was only able to get a sub T100 victory in the following attached save, I believe that it could be possible to reach the exoplanet in the Classical era by rolling a better map and adopting a slightly different approach.

Attached Files:

2. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

I'm torn between a congratulatory post and saying this belongs into the bug section.

the_sun likes this.
  3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Already reported.

4. Equilin

Equilin Prince

is the bug really that strong? it's one random free tech every 5 turns right?

5. Minou

Minou Prince

I think it is actually as many free techs as you have space and Builders for Mahaviharas. You get Suzerain with Amani, build a Mahavihara, send Amani to another city to lose Suzerain status, send her right back (she will return immediately if you don't need the turn), build Mahavihara, etc, etc. I just started a game where I met Nalanda on T4 on an isolated island. Tempted to go for a sub-T100 win but I am not sure what it would prove other than the developers made a slight coding error that (hopefully) will be fixed soon.

6. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

All techs in 1 turn:

Video title is not correct though.

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It like the ceding bug. That’s also useful is SV as you can get every civ to cede all but their capital fairly easily.... but why.
    Friggin bug ridden game but not hard to play around them.

8. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

Yes, you can get all techs in 1 turn (in a 5 min click fest) by moving Amani around.
    However, you can "only" get the Future Era tech once.
    Building quickly all science projects and lasers is still an interesting challenge in such a short game.

9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

The real meaning of "New frontier pass.":

Each patch brings a new bug.

kaspergm and Myomoto like this.
  10. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

I guess Aztecs is the best , as you don't need to chop spaceports, saving chops for projects.

Myomoto likes this.
  11. gcampono

gcampono Chieftain

I'm not one to chase records (I have not enough patience and I am not good enough to do that), but I wonder how low you can get by combining this bug with secret societes (for extra governor titles) and heroes (for extra faith or gold or instant districts with the right heros)...

12. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Maybe Hercule for spaceports. Also Sinbad for some purchases.

13. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

I picked Russia mainly because of the extra free tiles you get when you found a city.
    Ideally you want to buy all the tiles you need for chops before unlocking the whole tech tree (before costs become prohibitive). Gold is a big bottleneck.

However, the Aztecs is a very interesting choice. You normally need 6 chops per city to build a spaceport. These could be bypassed by building the spaceports with builders thus reducing your need to buy extra tiles and maybe even leave you with more chops left for lasers!

14. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

Civilization VI: the only game that teaches kids that aggressive deforestation leads to a faster science victory. :lol:

Kjimmet, Equilin, kaspergm and 2 others like this.