1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Science victory still possible?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by ZapBeeblebrox, Sep 2, 2018.

1. ZapBeeblebrox

ZapBeeblebrox Chieftain

Hi everybody,

I am currently after a science victory, but I'm 39 science per round behind Lautaro.
    We both have researched 49 technologies, so the game will be finished soonish.
    I suspect he owns more cities and has a religion focused on science (I missed out on creating one).

As the title states: Is it still possible for me to win a science victory? Should I attack Lautaro?

2. marcopolothefraud

marcopolothefraud Chieftain

I think so, but there's a lot of info about your game that could change things.

- Are you playing with rise and fall? (there's a government plaza building that allows builders to complete Space Race projects, and a governor that allows buying districts with gold)
    - How many spies do you have? (spies could pillage Lautaro's spaceports and delay his progress)
    - What's the state of your army? Ideally it should be composed of fast melee units, like tanks or helicopter gunships, with at least one great generals helping it. Or a moderate fleet if Lautaro's coastal.
    - What scientific era are you in? What cultural era?
    - What difficulty are you playing on?
    - Do you have any screenshots of your cities/your game?

Good luck!

3. Sykes179

Sykes179 Chieftain

Spies are critical. I try and get them as early as possible and as many as possible. Always gain sources. Always escape by foot. Do the mission with the best chance of success first irrespective of what it is to get a promotion. By the late game you'll have a cadre of spies with a very high (90%) chance of success.

I also consider a science victory more of a production victory.

4. MinnesotaRuss

MinnesotaRuss Chieftain

Question: what turn are you on? When did you decide to go for science victory? What size map and how many opponents? I have never even come close to science victory; I am usually one or two capitals away from domination or one or two civs away from culture.