Science: Where to now?

Black_Hole

Deity
Well we are going to get physics and magnetism after military tradition. What should we get next?

We can get:
Navigation
Music Theory
Theory of Gravity
Democracy Path
Free Artistry Path

The science department reccomend Theory of Gravity as it is the final tech in the middle ages(required atleast), and has a nice wonder attached

Theory of Gravity - let's be the first one into the Industrial Ages! We can trade for those optional techs if we need them, but let the AI research them.

Yeah, let's get this age over with. Theory of Gravity

We need Navigation badly, since The Magellan Wonder will decide which Naval Doctrine we can allow ourselves. We badly need the Magellan Wonder, We badly need to cross ocean tiles, we badly need the coastal fortresses as well. Theory of Gravity is not needed, as we are a research leader by far, our limitation lies in our lack of Naval Reach.
Remember the Great Lighthouse Scandal, this is the time to give us a naval chance again.

Honorable people of Japanatica, undo the evils committed in the past and vote NAVIGATION, the Navigational Beacon of Japanatica.

@Provolution,
I might be wrong for vanilla Civ3, but I believe that Magnetism will give us the ability to cross ocean tiles.

IMHO, there is limited need for coastal fortresses until such a time as enemy warships are nearing our territory. If we follow a naval doctrine then this should not happen in any large way for quite some time.

This leaves Magellan. This is indeed a great wonder to have. The ability for our naval ships to outpace our rivals is a great advantage in naval intervention operations. This is a worthy goal, but one that I feel is less important that getting to the industrial age.

I believe that our scholars are working on ways to use machines to let us move quickly across our lands. They just need to work out the details of these "trains" and find a means to power them.

WE need to build the Magellans asap, our workers has still plenty of roads to lay out before we get to the level we can upgrade to railroads. The railnet will be built soon enough after we got our naval reach secured. These 2 extra moves would do wonders to our Naval Doctrines.

We should go for TOG then magnetism. Advancing into the next age would make us the envy of the world.

Top Bottom