Scientific Great Leader rushing 2 GW's

WhimpyCiv

Warlord
I checked around, didn't see this listed, sorry if it was.

I'm playing C3C v1.22, as the Byzantines. I learned Philosophy, was the first to learn it, so I got a free tech. I also got a SGL, I believe for Philosophy. I rushed a GW. The SGL did *NOT* go away. I was able to rush a 2nd GW the next turn. Only then did the SGL disappear.

-- WC

Are you sure you didn't get 2 SGLs? Since you were the first to get Philosphy, you would have gotten a free tech, and possibly another SGL. That would explain it :)

Do you have a save when you got the SGL? That would help a lot...

First, no, it was the same SGL. Same name, at least. It did not "go away" when I used it to rush the first GW, which was my first hint that something was up.

And no, I don't have a save. :-( Didn't think of it at the time. My first thought was "Wow, cool, I can get another GW!" instead of "Hmm, I should report this as a bug." Sorry.

This happened to me also, a week ago or so. Same thing. Got SGL from Philosophy and another one from republic. So I got the Pyramids and i i rushed like mad for Great Library. I migth mistake it for a bug also, but with a glimpse i saw "your bla bla produced a great scientific leader" again. I think I played with Arabs or something (a Scientific civ also).

The Arabs aren't Scientific. They're Religious/Expansionist. Do you mean the Ottomans? In any case, he's saying that he only got ONE SGL but was able to use it twice.

WhimpyCiv said:
First, no, it was the same SGL. Same name, at least.

That's not a hint that it was just one...which version do you play?
I remember that in the first versions of C3C all SGLs had the first name in th Civ list, so then, it happened, that if you have two SGLs, they have the same name.

EDIT: I reread and saw you're playing 1.22, but I still think that two SGLs can have the same name!

Hmm. Is it possible to have 2 SGL's at the same time, with the same name, generated near-simultaneously, in v1.22? IF that is possible, I'll concede that might have happened. I do not recall it looking like there were 2 SGL's, but I did not actually check to see if there were. Should this ever happen again, I'll be sure to get some saves.

-- WC

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times. I know it is the same SGL as I rushed the imporvment in a city other then my capital and the leader stayed i nthat city. Interestingly, if I remember correctly, rushing the wonder did not even end the turn of the leader enabling me to rush another wonder that same turn. Unfortunatly I do not have a save.

As you aren't supposed to have 2 leaders at any one time (see MA screen) I would guess it's a bug either way. Not that I'd be upset to have it happen to me.

The editor in itself is buggy. It contains code for the OLD military great leader. Firaxis already knows about this.

Top Bottom