Scion Question

JayThomas

Warlord
After discovering sorcery and priesthood the Scions should get reborn via razing. Does this mechanic work for Rise mod? I razed a size 6 barb city but no reborn were generated.

I'm in the God King civic. Also, barb city reduced to 2 prior to razing.

That's interesting, I've never heard about a mechanic like this. What I do know about the reborn/awakened is that for the early part of the game they generate automatically, then after your population exceeds a certain limit (usually after using their worldspell) you have to build them from a building.

After discovering sorcery and priesthood the Scions should get reborn via razing. Does this mechanic work for Rise mod? I razed a size 6 barb city but no reborn were generated.

I'm in the God King civic. Also, barb city reduced to 2 prior to razing.

Are you sure your not thinking about the legion of dtesh and their gaining of a settler and slaves after razing a city?

Yes, the Scions get Reborn from razing cities ones they fit the tech requirements, and last time I checked it worked.

Probably the city the op captured was just to small (size 2).

I generally like the concept of the Scions but avoid them since I find they gain population way too slowly for my liking. Its just too frustrating to play as them.

How big does a city have to be for me to actually gain reborns when I raze them.. I think I remember a pop 8 city that turned to pop 2 after I took it.

and about Alcinus: He betrayes me after a while and then he dies ... fine... but interesstingly the turn he died the khazad "built" (got) him. After some turns he died again and another civ got him.. and so on...
1. is that civ "jumping" of him on purpose?
2. If it is how am I supposed to get him back? (last time i couldnt even find him anymore)
I really'd like to make the council.. :)

Yep, Alcinus is MAD. He's immortal and will be reborn if he dies but not always in your own capital.

Your Emperor's Daggers can cast a spell that tells you his position and if he is killed on the same turn (or a few turns later I think) he is sure to respawn in your capital.

And I don't know the minimal size for a city to spawn Reborn, but I'm fairly sure that it uses the size after you captured it and 2 is definitely to small.

Yep, Alcinus is MAD. He's immortal and will be reborn if he dies but not always in your own capital.

Your Emperor's Daggers can cast a spell that tells you his position and if he is killed on the same turn (or a few turns later I think) he is sure to respawn in your capital.

And I don't know the minimal size for a city to spawn Reborn, but I'm fairly sure that it uses the size after you captured it and 2 is definitely to small.

Ah, I actually got him once in my bannor game, I've had him almost 100 turns now and I used him against the scions.:lol:

Who no longer exist btw. Anyway, came in handy against a spectre spawn since most of my troops were on the other side of the continent.:goodjob:

Evidently God King doesn't actually do anything. Code with and without is exactly the same. No idea why.

'cuz it was provisionally decided to de-emphasize God King and, after it was finalized, nobody ever got around to deleting the now redundant code.

I blame your parents.

Top Bottom