1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scorched earth

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by GodDamnItAlexander, Aug 1, 2017.

1. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

This has been a war tactic since Alexander vs Darius times. I think we should be able to plunder our own tiles (using combat units). Maybe without getting the HP and gold boost. That way we can deny our enemies the plunder, while at the same time keeping our improvements for later repairment (crucial for GP improvements). We already get a happiness hit from plundered tiles so in that regards it seems fine. Obviously the people working the farms would be kinda upset when their allied troops destroy their land.
    Now I play on quick so workers removing improvements only takes me one turn, and if that's the case with other speeds then this feature seems for the most part pretty pointless. However if workers can't one turn removal, then it may be a useful tactic if you get hit with a surprise attack.

2. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

3. GodDamnItAlexander

4. GodDamnItAlexander

What if the AI knew how to feign an attack like a human would? Get the human player to destroy his own tiles whilst not actually wanting to full out commit to war. And like it's been said before plunering your own tiles gives you nothing but unhappiness.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  5. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

I don't think concern was so much whether the AI would be able to trick the player as whether the player would be able to trick the AI.

6. GodDamnItAlexander

I'm not sure how the AI works but I always check military score to asses a civs fighting potential. Maybe the AI could do the same? If the enemy has a bigger military score, has already taken out a few cities, and currently has enemy forces at my border then roll to use scorched earth tactics.
    I think it should always be a bit of a gamble for both the human and AI, as the AI can also have the potential to trick the human.