1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Score list enhanced...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Zyxpsilon, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I had asked for this kind of stuff awhile ago.. there's still a need for it even with R&F newest features like Eras.

Relatively simple..

Although this sort of indirect row of values could be inserted straight in the Show Details option as a replacement for the default ugly Drop-Down list.
    This could be the result (but with an extra slot for Eras), btw...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Alrighty.. we're always better served by our own skillset or willingness to work at a solution.
    Just got some relatively good results with two very small edits to both related files...

----- (XML)
    <Instance Name="ScoreInstance">
    <GridButton ID="ButtonBG" Size="470,180" Texture="Controls_ListButton" SliceCorner="209,29" SliceTextureSize="417,51">
    <MakeInstance Name="CivilizationIconInstance" ID="CivilizationIcon"/>
    <Label ID="Details" Offset="15,48" Align="center" Anchor="C,T" String="Details" Style="FontNormal20" FontStyle="shadow" Color="55,78,94,255"/>
    <Label ID="Score" Offset="13,15" Align="right" Anchor="R,T" String="Score" Style="FontFlair26" FontStyle="shadow" Color="206,218,225,255" EffectColor="0,0,0,191"/>
    </GridButton>
    </Instance>
    -----
    ----- (LUA)
    for i, category in ipairs(playerData.Categories) do
    local categoryInfo:table = GameInfo.ScoringCategories[category.CategoryID];
    -- detailsText = detailsText .. Locale.Lookup(categoryInfo.Name) .. ": " .. category.CategoryScore;
    detailsText = detailsText .. "____" .. category.CategoryScore;
    -- Add new lines between categories but not at the end
    if i <= #playerData.Categories then
    -- detailsText = detailsText .. "[NEWLINE]";
    detailsText = detailsText .. "_";
    end
    -----
    (( 4 Underlines above stand for 4 empty spaces -- which were badly formatted by this forum! ))

Still have to figure out how to prevent each of the "Score Box instances" from auto-resizing as a drop-down style height since i only need a single line of details.
    No fancy colors per category or indirect hints of each column values.. but --- so far so good!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Here we go ... panels scaling solved!

All was required are swift fixes...
    ----- LUA
    local SIZE_SCORE_ITEM_DETAILS:number = 80;
    ----- XML
    <GridButton ID="ButtonBG" Size="470,80"...
    -----
    Instead of the 180 fallback defaults.

Example with six Civs (there's relative room for 9 without having to scroll through the previous Drop-Down wreck on my 3840x2160_4k HUD resolution)...

Now onto an attempt at symbols insert (7 smallish of Civic/to/Eras) within the "Civilization" header box & later on.. maybe some values coloring.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Getting down to the nitty gritty LUA work & try adding some functionality for these cool custom buttons.
    Parser.. detect Leaders.. etc.

5. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Small HUD question for "experts" please.

Anyone knows if it's possible to initialize the WorldRankings panel(s) as to have them all in a "closed state" of their Advisor/Info boxes by default??
    That tiny UI arrow (Expanded/Contracted) seems to have a dedicated duo of functions but i just can't grasp its weird logic.

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I now hold a Beta-Phase version for this so called QoL toy "Sco_R_ow"!
    It has been uploaded to the Steam Workshop but i need to synchronize the eventual release with two more related MODs as we share some gameplay features & my HUD corrections might interfere with their current structures;

-- CIVI ReformationVictories by greyTiger = http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870915174
    -- Alternate Score Victory by Sejick = http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1277839848

Splasher!

Stay tuned.. :)

7. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Local Copy (to be used in the Documents folder) of that Mod!
    Basicly for development purposes & Sejick. :)

Attached Files:

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Sejick ...

Combining ZSR+ASV+CRV with our current Development copies is now producing a weird flaw with the City-States Icons and it seems you also have introduced a "Free-City" slot (last on that Diplomatic Victory line).

Am i interpreting this situation correctly? Or should we hook an extra load-order check (or even another specific ID loop for CRV) to prevent a mix with any of our WorldRankings.xml combo-systems?
    Cuz.. the NoCIVI_WorldRankings file isn't activated nor is it supplying a swap/context like (i guess) it should under various but still rare conditions.

I could always release some (Steam/Discussion) hints once the stable/verified version is ready for updloading though.

PS; Until greyTiger fixes CRV for the dissapearance of Civ-Icons from the Tooltips in certain sub-screens.. i've found a steady workaround trick. Going to Era-Progress (& returning anywhere else afterwards) seem to trigger their functional states as it should. Maybe that's indicative of some indirect R&F component that you would already be able to repair from our own LUA structure?

9. Sejick

Sejick Chieftain

Whoops, the City States and Free Cities icons were a mistake with my mod! Its been corrected and uploaded to dropbox and I'll upload to steam this weekend, probably.

Also, to clarify, NoCIVI_WorldRankings.xml doesn't actually do anything. Its just a placeholder in case you want a version of your mod that runs without CRV, but in that case it would have to be renamed WorldRankings.xml. I can't find a way to add xml UI instances without replacing the parent file (e.g. WorldRankings.xml). I've read its possible - I just don't know enough about xml-lua interactions to do it myself.

10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Gotcha!

There might be a need for secondary version(s) in which that file would be required of course...

ScoRow_A == ZSR+ASV (possibly a fallback for Vanilla as well -- could be played without ASV enabled in the settings phase when/if ZSR still is)
    ScoRow == ZSR+ASV+CRV (main "Default" product)

Anyhow.. i've got a long way to go yet for those expandable Hints-Panels concept & after, the minimal LUA/XML work. The GridButtons are already there but aren't fully functional. The idea is that supplemental details can be given in 75+54 boxes while a variety of hints are just centralized into the "Score" tab system. We checkmark "Score-Details" to expand the ScoRow line (at 75) & we'd receive more stuff (into +54 area) by individually clicking any of the Grid/Buttons on top of the stack.
    We'll see how it goes.

Dropbox link?

11. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Alright @Sejick ...

Setting up (over the week-end) the initial public release of Sco_R_ow !!

-- I've finally settled for a strict 102 pixels high ScoreBox/Panel (instead of the old 75) which will allow (us) to control and fit anything required by the extra Stats/Button once their slick components are ready and/or functional enough. Mockup should be more precise about my plans -- soon.

-- As a result.. both our LUA codes need very slight adjustments with facts. I'm attaching a ZIP that contains the (finalized) targeted files. If you want to verify what has to change.. do a simple compare & you'll catch the essentials. It's important to just coordinate our files before making any official uploads i gather. Basicly only your AVS_WR.LUA file & my quick stuff.

-- The necessary swap between two custom WorldRankings.xml variations will have to be hinted as a simple installation NOTE within my mod description. CRV or ASV(+ZSR+R&F) contexts are simply dependant on what players want or currently use by direct activation anyway. The basic idea is that such needs could somewhat be automated within our code principles (maybe).. but at the moment & in its current state -- anything works fine. It's just a matter of manually re-naming a couple of files if someone plays with (or without) CRV along with our combo-set (thanks to your compatibility pass -- it *IS* possible).

Sooooooo -- before updating ASV to v1.3, make sure to check the ZIP below!!

Attached Files:

12. Sejick

Sejick Chieftain

ASV 1.3 is uploaded to steam!

Also, I thought of a possibly easier way to maintain compatibility between your mod and CRV. You could create a "compatibility patch" of sorts, which would just be another mod requiring both your mod and CRV as required dependencies. Your base mod would have the WorldRankings.xml file for the base game + Sco_R_ow, while the compatibility mod would have WorldRankings.xml for Reformation Victories + Sco_R_ow and would overwrite the first WorldRankings.xml file. That would make it a lot easier for subscribers to receive the correct WorldRankings.xml without manual edits.

13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Yup.. just seen that newest v1.3 of yours -- congrats!
    That means i can now formally activate ZSR (Sco_R_ow) as is. It's stable and offers the minimal assets for everyone to enjoy a solid combo gameplay where they can mix-match whatever they please. Checkout the workshop for more details.

Of course having "isolated" variations of that Mod with individual setup copies would work as well.. but i'd rather concentrate at giving it some proper functionality (with your kind help hopefully) based on the Mockup (soonish) concepts.

Great day today nonetheless.. for both of us & more people that we might have guessed when developping this tricky stuff. :)

Stay in touch!!

14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

15. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Alright @Sejick (and everyone curious about this project).. here's the concept phase mockup that exposes the general principles (i--we)'re planning to implement .. it is ambitious but certainly feasible from what i could examine in various other mods & even with stock Firaxis code assets.

--------
    This isn't the actual final state while ingame. I'm just assembling the seven types of Panels and their individual hint lines. Should be obvious but let's go through some stuff to further explain. Hold on tight -- it's getting wild! :)

1) Civics (Pericles) :: 26 done .. Tourism per Turn .. Culture per Turn .. Currently researching "Scorched Earth"

2) Technology (Poundmaker) :: 40 done .. Science per Turn .. Currently = "Mass Production"

3) Wonders (John Curtin) :: 3 done .. Icons scroller with a maximum of 5/7 .. current at work "Petra" (Wonders Race device!!)

4) Empire (Trajan) :: Government .. Population + Districts + Buildings (as per your scoring formula) .. Nothing there yet

5) Great People (Barbarossa) :: Empty for now .. List of recruited scroller with a maximum of 9/12 .. Next GP as estimated

6) Religion (Seondeok) :: ID .. Number of Cities converted .. Faith per Turn .. Total Followers .. Empty, not sure what to add in that spot

7) Eras (Lautaro) :: The whole cycle(s) from start to finish.. there are Eight slots possible. Everyone always starts with Normal.

Thus the functionality comes from clicking on the corresponding button(s) on top which populates the Hints/Stats rows for each (Civ) slots.
    There might be some ways to enhance the process.. with parser tricks & finding leaders, etc.
    Much of that data can be obtained directly from "Modifiers" & within a few more code outputs. The core issue is to produce a "Stack driver" that develops such elements per context(s). Dynamic components but still from any runtime inputs pre-determined for us.

Early framework but the whole systems are in place. If you have suggestions or remarks.. please do!