Score Text Too Big.

MorgMike

Chieftain
Hello, i am a bit of a Civ4 newcomer here, and was wondering what ways i could make the score text smaller, and if not turn it off.

Thanks in advance :)

Could I kindly ask someone who has done this to give me an idiot's guide to merging this scrolling scoreboard application, or whatever else is easier? I don't even know what WinMerge is.

Could I kindly ask someone who has done this to give me an idiot's guide to merging this scrolling scoreboard application, or whatever else is easier? I don't even know what WinMerge is.

I havent checked the GEM 6.1 files but for a Clash of Kingdoms was very easy to add.
I dont think it should be anything more difficult as the file is modular, ergo you dont have to do much yourself.

Download the score scrollboard.
You will get a file labeled Main Interface.

On a CoK I placed it into the GEM/ASSETS/PYTHON/ENTRY POINTS folder.

Do the same on the main GEM assets folder.

It should work fine.

If it doesnt I'll take a look at those folders later.

OK, so I'm failing at the first hurdle! I'm going here to download:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10972

And it is a 'rar' file. What is this, because my computer doesn't seem to know and won't recognise it?

Google and download, for free, winzip.
Once you have winzip installed you can extract the file with ease, just dragging the folder on your desktop.

Then follow the previous guidelines.

I hope it helps.

Google and download, for free, winzip.
Once you have winzip installed you can extract the file with ease, just dragging the folder on your desktop.

Then follow the previous guidelines.

I hope it helps.

ah, winzip!! yeah i should have thought of that...

@Traiano, thanks for your help.

I have, using a trial Winzip, extracted the file named 'CvMainInterface' to my desktop and copied to 'GEM/assets' and also 'GEM/assets/python/entry points'.

It doesn't seem to be working, and I have tried the file independently in both folders.

Just to confirm, this is a .py file and the file is placed alongside the existing file 'CvEventInterface', although the new file (CvMainInterface) is 143KB compared to the existing much smaller 2KB 'CvEventInterface'. Is this the file I need to merge it with?

Also do i need to place in GEM/assets OR GEM/assets/python/entrypoints OR BOTH??

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated. The lack of a useful scoreboard is my sole bugbear with this awesome mod.

Top Bottom