1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Score

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Evie94, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Evie94

Evie94 Warlord

At all?

Obviously on Deity, Immortal and Emperor its virtually impossible to ever have the highest score, but is it ever relevant?

I actually find it quite useful: the score counter you can choose to put at the top of the screen lists the score from Civs you haven't met: I find this helps me judge if a Civ is going runaway and prepare accordingly.

2. rawrtrav

rawrtrav Chieftain

I find the individual breakdown of the scores very useful, it lets me know how many cities a civ has, or how many techs, social policies, wonders, etc.

It's also quite useful at the very start of the game. If there's anyone with 4 or 5 more points than everyone else on the very first turn, it means you have the Shoshone in your game.

3. Evie94

Evie94 Warlord

or the Huns, they start with Animal Husbandry

4. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

To the OP, it is not impossible to get the high score up through Immortal. I do it all the time. I don't play Deity, so I can't attest.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

I agree. I used to get the high score on Emperor (higher was over 5 000 with Dom victory with Mongolians on huge map). I'm near 2 500 points in Immortal, not yet really easy with this difficult level.

6. DrZ

DrZ Warlord

You can have the highest score, even on deity, but not without conquering a few neighbors.

I do agree with the OP, the score can tell how well an AI is doing overall, so you can tell if somebody that you did not meet is doing good, but i do not find it helpful when deciding on your overall strategy.

Best thing you can do is to check Demographics. Most useful are science, to see how far behind you are, and production, to see how well you can do in a "production contest" for world fair or world games and all projects of the like. If you are number 1 in production you can be sure you can win it.

Otherwise, you are better checking the diplomacy screen and see what wonders every AI built then jut see that it has a high score because of a lot of wonders...

These are my 2 cents on the matter...

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Raw score: I find that useless. But if you really want to max it out; go on a late game conquering spree and then milk it.

What I find most useful: Starting with BNW, trade routes available screen; this shows you exactly how many techs you have that the AI doesn't (along with how many the AI has that you don't)

Next most useful: Demographics screen on the bottom shows overall science. In addition, it will show your military (unfortunately using the same flawed calculation the AI uses that under values ranged units)

8. Verdant

Verdant Chieftain

I'm on GnK immortal and i'm about to go conquer Austria, the only (remaining) civ with more points than me.

Admittedly I got a mountainside desert floodplain marble triple oasis start with lots of oil. As arabia. and got Petra. So maybe it doesn't count.

9. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

I noticed that. I use to think, if I have half power of AI, I'm better.