SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

the math doesnt add up

Clinton won more votes that Bernie. Can it with all the Bernie maths

Bernie got less delegates in some places because he fell below 15% in some states/congress seats. Getting blown out like that is not a good sign.

But he also won a ton of low turnout caucuses, while Clinton won primaries. Including many non-binding primaries held alongside the caucuses.

I think he did. I said it before even if you're acting like I didn't. I think they should have nominated Garland even though I knew they wouldn't. Breaking the 2/3 confirmation was totally idiotic. There, one more time for you to ignore.

I guess my issue is that these words ring hollow when you've already said you don't think the Democrats should actually do anything about this. Like, literally, your solution to the Republicans packing the court with far-right nominees is that the Democrats should just pass legislation and cross their fingers.

This is not a satisfactory answer. The practical effect of the Democrats doing this is that they lose.

Everyone is mad that the EC and the Senate "makes them lose" or something. So let's make good and sure that those two institutions can give the judiciary its marching orders by normalizing them restructuring it anytime it gives unsatisfactory result. It's seriously like wtf territory.

Speaking for myself, I believe the consequences of not doing this are likely to be much worse than the consequences of doing it. And I suspect that is where much of our disagreement here lies. You do not believe that the future of the country and possibly the planet hinges on the Democrats accomplishing some of their legislative priorities. You think we can afford to wait twenty years for the Court to come around. I don't.

I mean, maybe this isn't your position but if not please explain what your position is.

then who does biden pick as his vp instead of bernie? Kamala a prosecutor who was polling around 2%.

the establishment elites win again, but thats easy when you rig the nomination.

I think passing legislation works.

I watch life change here when the California State legislature passes legislation. I know it works.

Clinton won more votes that Bernie. Can it with all the Bernie maths
berine had to earn over 1,000 more votes per delegate. math is hard for establishment shills when they want to rig the election.

Should Biden win and win the Senate, my version of "pack the court" is nominate Garland and one other person. Turn it up to eleven. That doesn't get to a left majority, you say? Right. That's not what you're trying to do. You're trying to undo the power-grab of not holding hearings for Garland; you have the moral high-ground there. You're stopping short of packing the court to your own direct advantage (so you give Republicans less grounds for adding two more once they get the chance (though they still will, I know, I know)). You even things out a little bit. You still count on Roberts to swing your way on the nuttier conservative cases.

No, this would not hurt Republicans enough. If one side plays unfair and the other side just tries to compensate, the side playing unfair gets an advantage.

If you start packing the court, go all out for a 7-6 at least, grab some guns (or some other issue Republicans hold dear) and let them know, that power games with the Supreme Court can hurt both sides. Add 4 new senators, while you are at it.

If Republicans then start talking like adults again, negotiate for a reform which limits the number of justices, requires a 2/3 majority to confirm justices and includes term limits and secure this by a constitutional amendment. If they don't, keep packing the court until they do.

then who does biden pick as his vp instead of bernie? Kamala who was polling around 2%.

The VP is not a reward for the runner up. Otherwise Clinton would have been VP in 2008, instead of Biden who did terribly. Or Cruz would have been Trump's VP, instead of Pence who didn't even run. McCain would have been VP for Bush. Etc.

Obama picked Biden to balance him out demographically, and give him a expirenced elder statesman in his team.

Harris is the opposite. A young rising star, and someone who can lead the party if Biden dies/retires for 2024.

Biden is old. He needs someone to take up his mantle. A VP who is even older is absurd.

The VP is not a reward for the runner up. Otherwise Clinton would have been VP in 2008, instead of Biden who did terribly. Or Cruz would have been Trump's VP, instead of Pence who didn't even run. McCain would have been VP for Bush. Etc.

Obama picked Biden to balance him out demographically, and give him a expirenced elder statesman in his team.

Harris is the opposite. A young rising star, and someone who can lead the party if Biden dies/retires for 2024.

Biden is old. He needs someone to take up his mantle. A VP who is even older is absurd.
the establishment rigs the nomination and chooses an establishment vp that the voters despised. what.a.surprise.

the establishment elites win again, but thats easy when you rig the nomination.

Oh my god, as if anyone thinks you care about a rigged election when you're a Trump fan.

I watch life change here when the California State legislature passes legislation. I know it works.

How much does life change when legislation is struck down by the courts? Are you aware of how life would have changed if there had been 5 votes to get rid of Obamacare in the Supreme Court? How about how life has changed for millions of people because the Supreme Court struck down the key parts of the Voting Rights Act?

The California state legislature which has only started getting things done, when it got a Democratic Super Majority? And still is stuck on a lot of basic things like zoning for density.

The US as a whole, can't get a Democratic super majority. The 66-67th Senate seat for them would be in a solid Red state like Missouri. While for Republicans the 66-67th is in a slight blue lean state like Nevada or Virginia. Governing on Super majority just doesn't work in a partisan environment. It only sort of worked before because the parties were ideological mixed, and a actually closed shop.

berine had to earn over 1,000 more votes per delegate. math is hard for establishment shills when they want to rig the election.

Clinton won a majority. Bernie never had one. He was not the popular candidate. Deal with it.

In 2020 Super delegates were restrained, and many Caususus were replaced with primaries. He Lost even harder.

If Republicans then start talking like adults again, negotiate for a reform which limits the number of justices, requires a 2/3 majority to confirm justices

oh no no no. but wait harry reid was a democrat wasnt he? lol

Oh my god, as if anyone thinks you care about a rigged election when you're a Trump fan.
i already said i was for bernie.

as a bernie supporter in 2016 and this year i cant express enough how happy i am that trump won instead of hillary. watching these **** cry never gets old especially when theyre still vindictive about berine or bust 5 years later. you get what you deserve. now trump owns the scotus for the next 50 years.

oh no no no. but wait harry reid was a democrat wasnt he? lol

If Reid hadn't got rid of the filibuster for judicial nominees, Mitch would have left a third of the judicial system vacant for Trump, not a fourth. He wouldn't have been stopped by the filibuster, because he already got rid of it for SC nominations.

But thanks for exposing yourself as a Trump supporter, just pretending to use the Bernie thing to kick up a fuss. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett would all love to strike down M4A, the Green New Deal and any other program Bernie supported, and they serve for life. So a hypothetical President AOC would be blocked by them as well.

If Reid hadn't got rid of the filibuster for judicial nominees, Mitch would have left a third of the judicial system vacant for Trump, not a fourth.
"our partisan rule change doesnt benefit us anymore. change it back"

why would the republicans ever do that?

But thanks for exposing yourself as a Trump supporter
the establishment democrats are a dumpster fire that needs to rig the nomination to win and still somehow manages to screw everything up.

"if you dont want to vote for them youre a trump supporter"

lol.

trump has done more for the middle class in 4 years than the democrats managed in 8. why would i vote for these fools?

Last edited:
I don't understand why Republicans and conservatives have to play these silly games where they pretend to totally be Leftists, but support everything Republicans do. You don't see Democrats pretend to be one True conservatives who oppose Trump, and happen to support everything on the Democratic Wishlist. Just own your own thoughts.

How much does life change when legislation is struck down by the courts? Are you aware of how life would have changed if there had been 5 votes to get rid of Obamacare in the Supreme Court? How about how life has changed for millions of people because the Supreme Court struck down the key parts of the Voting Rights Act?

More than you think. It moves the bar. Making the court strike it makes the court strike it. Then passing something similar makes the court strike that too. I'm aware of how much it would have changed, yes. It didn't. It almost changed very much again when McCain was one vote yet again.

But no, California does stuff that reverbs economically and socially every year. Supermajorities or not. It's totally off to assume causality from their party dominance.

"
the establishment democrats are a dumpster fire that needs to rig the nomination to win and still somehow manages to screw everything up.

"if you dont want to vote for them youre a trump supporter"

lol.

trump has done more for the middle class in 4 years than the democrats managed in 8. why would i vote for these fools?

And like all Trump supporters, you have no evidence for any of that. Hilarious that your talking points still haven't changed after Trump pushed the US into a massive recession, and got thousands of middle class voters killed by a pandemic. Of course they were lies even before Covid, when Trump passed a bill rolling back Dodd Frank regulations on Wall Street, and passed tax cuts for the rich, while trying to cut poor and middle class people's healthcare.

Oh well, the cycle of US politics. Republicans cause recessions, Democrsts spend their time fixing them, and then Republicans get back in and start wrecking the place again.

And like all Trump supporters, you have no evidence for any of that.
dude ive already proved the nomination was rigged for hillary.

the math doesnt add up

hillary
16,917,853 popular votes / 2,842 delegates = 5,952 popular votes per delegate

bernie
13,210,550 popular votes / 1,865 delegates = 7,083 popular votes per delegate

total contests: 34 (hillary) + 23 (bernie) = 57

hillary 55.23% popular vote
57(0.5523)= 31 contests earned vs 34 actually won

bernie 43.13% popular vote
26 contests earned vs 23 actually won

berine needed to earn over 1,000 more votes per delegate. the democrat establishment has an "electoral college" of their own.

the table is slanted. the game was rigged. hillary was always meant to win.

you can post your establishment propaganda pieces trying to smear bernie supporters as stupid but the math doesnt lie. 5 years later and youre still vindictive.

the nomination gets rigged for hillary and democrats blame bernie bros for losing them the election. when he was the only real candidate.

If the primary election was rigged for Hillary because delegates, you are also accepting that the general election was rigged for Trump.

Yet you support Trump. So this is just trolling.

Top Bottom