1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scout Experience Promotions

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by ElliotS, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Do you consistently pick the XP promotions and think it's a good idea?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

In my case, I explore bordering forests and it already reveals 70% of desert tiles. It's not that tb2 is completely useless, but it is not worth the pain. Also, my pathfinder is not safe there, so I kind of avoid the terrain.

If you have some suggestions on how to improve my pathfinder use, I'd gladly try them next time.

2. Txurce

Txurce Deity

One thing you can do very early on is, once you've cleared most likely ruin spots, get as much XP as possible from barb attacks, and then go back to exploring. When you do, don't miss a tile. Also, don't use warriors to explore, unless it's really warranted. All that gets your survivalism up really high, really fast. At that point consider using them in early wars. XP racks up there, too, obviously. I usually finish a war with a very experienced super-scout. (And I tend to end these wars when I put my scout in a position where he's finally going to get killed.)

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Patch notes

vyyt, Tekamthi, Txurce and 1 other person like this.
  4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I really hope this is the last change. It looks right.

5. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Better than nothing, but I would rather move the pillage XP to explorers. They're the most XP starved. Paratroopers can find stuff to attack, and more importantly can start with level 3+ because of buildings. Explorers start at level 1 or 2, and have a harder time attacking.

6. Txurce

Txurce Deity

All true, but they have more room to "explore" for XP more than any other unit in the line. It just doesn't mean as much. No line is a clear build throughout, so I'm okay accepting the Explorer and Zeppelin where they wound up, before they bounce up again with the Paratrooper.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Yeah, but that's with only one or two units, and requires them to go to the 'new world' instead of fight. A way to gain XP in the homeland would be important.

8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Explorers generally should be getting level 2 as armories are common at that level.

And at that point you have new world exploring to do on a lot of maps. So they still have ways to get XP boosts at that point.