Scout Plus Cree Mod

jsurpless

Warlord
So the Scout Plus mod is like so

-- Scout/Ranger Unit, start with 1 free promotion and Sight Range increase from 2 to 3.
UPDATE Units SET BaseSightRange = 3, InitialLevel = 2 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SCOUT' OR UnitType = 'UNIT_RANGER';

I wanted to try and update the Cree Okihtcitaw to start with two promotions since it's normally one level about a scout so I did this

UPDATE Units SET BaseSightRange = 3, InitialLevel = 3 WHERE UnitType = ‘UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW’;

But it doesn't seem to work (both in the actual game and in the DebugGameplay.sqlite database - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

upload_2018-4-4_17-26-11.png

The 1st question is always whether there are any error messages being reported in Database.log

For SQL files, fatal errors will say something like
Code:
[12345] Something Something: Near ")": syntax error
The numeric designation inside the braces will be a time-stamp you can then compare to in file modding.log to see which SQL file was being loaded at or slightly before the same time-stamp.

--------------------

It's also possible you never actually told the game to load the SQL file into the game in an <UpdateDatabase> action within your mod.

I looked at the database.log and am getting the following error

[2471626.216] [Gameplay] ERROR: no such column: ‘UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW’

I verified that I didn't misspell and that the entry does exist... so my next assumption is that it doesn't exist when the Scouts Plus mod is executed...

I then checked the modding.log and I believe that Scouts Plus is executing after the Expansion mod but am not sure

Here's an excerpt

[2471622.216] Enabled Mods (in no particular order):
[2471622.216] 02A8BDDE-67EA-4D38-9540-26E685E3156E (DLC: Aztec Civilization Pack)
[2471622.216] 05698E46-1032-43C7-A40C-FA3D02858D2A (Scenario: Vikings, Traders, and Raiders!)
[2471622.216] 129b79ff-afee-4dff-90db-baee14d9564a (Starting Builder)
[2471622.216] 136f374c-1eea-4fc8-9689-02c001da6923 (Quick Start)
[2471622.216] 1B28771A-C749-434B-9053-D1380C553DE9 (Expansion: Rise and Fall)
[2471622.216] Scout_Plus_kavisgo (Scout/Ranger Plus)

Does this mean that Expansion is running before Scouts? or does the no particular order mean otherwise?

The error message
Code:
means that the error in syntax is making the game think you are calling ‘UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW’ as a column to write data to rather than as data being written into a column within the table.

This code looks right to me
Code:
UPDATE Units SET BaseSightRange = 3, InitialLevel = 3 WHERE UnitType = ‘UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW’;
I don't believe there is a syntax error there that I am simply not seeing, so the error would have to be elsewhere and will probably be earlier (farther up) in the same SQL file.

One thing I would check is to ensure your file does not have "smartquote" characters like is being shown by the forum and that you have instead plain-jane ' ' to designate that UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW is a text-string.

The error message
Code:
means that the error in syntax is making the game think you are calling ‘UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW’ as a column to write data to rather than as data being written into a column within the table.

This code looks right to me
Code:
I don't believe there is a syntax error there that I am simply not seeing, so the error would have to be elsewhere and will probably be earlier (farther up) in the same SQL file.

One thing I would check is to ensure your file does not have "smartquote" characters like is being shown by the forum and that you have instead plain-jane ' ' to designate that UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW is a text-string.

This was the problem - TextEdit on my Mac inserted these 'smartquote' instead of the plain - I resolved it by copying the 'dumb-quote'

Thanks!

P.S.

The InitialLevel does seem to be limited to Level 2

Top Bottom