1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scout problems: Don't heal automatically/ don't get XP after upgrading

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Ferrum Rex, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ferrum Rex

Ferrum Rex Chieftain

I tried searching in both bug reports list and in the forum so forgive me if these have been reported before. They are fairly common to me so I was a bit surprise they weren't listed. First scouts dont stop to heal when automated. Second and far more frustrating scouts upgraded to archers will occasionally not gain experience, whether attacking or being attacked.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Example savegame please.

3. Ferrum Rex

Ferrum Rex Chieftain

how do I post that? The no experience things happens every game to me. Should I post one for the scout not healing when automated? This seems to me to be similar to bug that happened in IV.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

In the advanced answering screen there's at the bottom a button "manage attachements", which allows you to attach files to the post. Might be that you have to pay attention to the file size, because the saves can get really big.

But yes, both situations please.

5. EndoConvert

EndoConvert Chieftain

Not healing when automated isn't a bug. It's told to explore, so that's what it's doing instead of healing. Units don't heal if they move during the turn.

6. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Perhaps not a bug in the sense that it does as instructed. However, it can be argued that a scout at health = 1 running around in barbarian country isn't the smartest thing to do. Perhaps there should be an option that says "allow automated explorers to heal if their HP is lower than X".

7. EndoConvert

EndoConvert Chieftain

If a player wants intelligence from his units, he shouldn't automate them.

8. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

As for the no XP thing, there is a limit to the XP you can get from barbarians. Maybe your units are hitting the ceiling?