Screaming Orange Pumpkins - RR16B - It's tax day again ...

Thrar said:
Ouch. No way the troops we have are going to cut it.

This type of comment further makes me think this is a lock for us to have the earlier date.

The most recent posts from the A Team about waiting for gunpowder kind of suggests they're going for a long slog rather than a reckless spam and die.

Looking through there posts, I don't recall any tech extorts. My extort of writing alone gave us a big jump to alphabet, and geting the needed techs to win.

I think the big advantage is we noticed the possibility of domination a lot sooner. We stayed in war mode as much as possible. Even the break between India and England during my set was just to heal and march.

If the game went to space, I have no question they would win. They built a much stronger economy then us.

If the game went to space, I have no question they would win. They built a much stronger economy then us.

Possibly, but it is misleading too. We would have had much more land and GLH. And certainly we would have built up more of an economy. With more land we would have more wealth and run more scientist. It is a hard call. I do agree that they did a good job with economy stuff, although I don't agree with some of the spots they settled or did not settle.

If the competition were space we would have played very differently.

If the competition were space we would have played very differently.

Personally, I would not have played that differently. Willie had to go one way or another due to being to close and also creative. Rag for different reasons. However, we would have had to keep at least one or 2 AI around for a while in order to buy techs. Yet, getting GLH would have been hard to pass up in this game. In that case, I might grab some or much of Asoka's empire, especially Delhi. It would not be too hard actually to get him back up to pleased and potentially we could vassal him.

agree with L... we got mandatory number of cities sooner then team A and for sure would not attack Churchill most probably or maybe some little wars

but I think going space in this ruleset is just silly

but I think going space in this ruleset is just silly
Probably, but that is what I was hoping for. :crazyeye::crazyeye:
How do you overcome this absurd set of rules to launch would have been an interesting challenge.

Thanks again guys, it was really interesting to follow you, I learned a lot from you guys. Variant is one thing, but that early intent on how to win was kind of eye-opening. It was early on quite apparent that your approach was a bit more.. determined might be the word, compared to the other team, that ultimately paid off, I'd assume.

I'm slowly venturing into Monarch these days, and try to apply some of the stuff i pick up :) Although my attention to micro varies a lot, still a lot of game mechanics that I tend to overlook here and there.

I'd be very interested in participating in a SG at some point, I'll hang around and sign up for one if there's a spot :)

If you can get archery somehow
I didn't catch them missing that. That really hurts. We had cheap archers in a decent amount of cities.

They are at 1190AD and still have to kill Churchill remnants and Asoka. I think we are locked for first place. ;)

They are at 1280AD and haven't started on Asoka. It won't by a lot, but we are locked as the winners.

Ok, besides officially congratulating you for the win ... :goodjob: :cheers:

I started RR17. Depending on how much people sign up, I'll make or not another two team game, so please , if you want to play stop by to confirm or inform me of your interest ;)

60H (2whipped citizens)
- 46H (remaining in build)
= 14 hammers whip OF

+8H max base hammers in Eridu after whip

= 22H total OF next turn

However, if we wait until next turn to whip, we add 14 base hammer to the Gran build for a total of 28 hammers into the Gran. 28H does not exceed the 30H limit to 2pop the gran.

So,

60H (gran) - 28H (accrued) = 32H left to complete build

60H (2 whipped citizens)
-32H (left to complete)
=28H whip OF

+8H max base hammers in Eridu after whip

= 36H total OF

You've now just whipped a Granary sooner and completed a Vulture the next turn

Sorry, but wouldn't the Granary comes out sooner and Vulture later in the former case; But ultimately the Vulture on both scenarios should be out on the same turn, no?

Sorry, but wouldn't the Granary comes out sooner and Vulture later in the former case; But ultimately the Vulture on both scenarios should be out on the same turn, no?
Sorry, not quite sure what you are asking here.

Top Bottom