Screenshot analysis!

Sorry but is anyone else a little weirded out when units are made and there's a flash of swirling light like they just leveled up or cast "divine storm" like in World of Warcraft?

Are these units being forged by God Himself and flown down from Heaven?

Sorry but is anyone else a little weirded out when units are made and there's a flash of swirling light like they just leveled up or cast "divine storm" like in World of Warcraft?

Are these units being forged by God Himself and flown down from Heaven?

Units bought with faith?

It was stated trade route output is affected by districts.

Oh, yeah. :p

Well, hopefully they can make resources more complex and meaningful somehow.

It has already been pointed out that trade routes give food, production and gold rather than needing to pick from just one. However, after the Devs have mentioned that the yield of trade routes changes depending on the districts housed in the city, I began to wonder if that was specific to foreign trade routes or could also apply to domestic. Looking at the screenshot below it's entirely possible that the trade route generates 1 food and 1 production (in addition to the 2 gold which I imagine is standard) because Xian happens to have a food resource and a production improved within it's borders.

There's a policy in the govenment screen which gives +2 gold from trade routes. My guess is that that's where the gold comes from and internal routes normally only give food and/or production based on improvements.

+1 Gold
+1 Great Admiral Point per turn
+1 Trade Route ???

Grants Trader unit. Must be ???

Cost: 400 production

Anyone could fill the rest?
Pretty sure that's +3 Gold, not +1 Gold.

The "must be" part seems to be something about a district (last word in second line), so probably it says that it has to be build next to a Harbor district or something like that, although that's just plain guess from my end.

Well in that first batch of screenshots we can see a Colossus built next to a harbor with a lighthouse, & next to a hilled cliff.

Edit: incidentally so is The Great Lighthouse.

So Aqueduct is its own district, as opposed to a building. That seems a little strange to me; aren't districts meant to contain at least 3 buildings? What buildings could possibly be constructed within an aqueduct? :crazyeye: Perhaps it's simply a district for graphical reasons (to show the water running to the city from the mountain, oasis, etc)? If they'd have made it part of another district, then that whole 'next to fresh water' thing would've been difficult to explain ('why does my Hospital need to be next to the water as well as my Aqueduct???').

So Aqueduct is its own district, as opposed to a building. That seems a little strange to me; aren't districts meant to contain at least 3 buildings? What buildings could possibly be constructed within an aqueduct? :crazyeye: Perhaps it's simply a district for graphical reasons (to show the water running to the city from the mountain, oasis, etc)? If they'd have made it part of another district, then that whole 'next to fresh water' thing would've been difficult to explain ('why does my Hospital need to be next to the water as well as my Aqueduct???').

We have yet to see them in screenshots yet, so i might be that people are not quite sure of its role yet

Something I noticed, Egypt's palace in the first batch of screenshots looks different than the latest one. Dunno what it means but there ya go. Can't post a link right now

Something I noticed, Egypt's palace in the first batch of screenshots looks different than the latest one. Dunno what it means but there ya go. Can't post a link right now
I noticed that... it may be an earlier version (either literally or in-game). The Chinese palace looks different when you first start the game also.

It's starting to look as if each civilization will get its own distinctive Palace, and even the building styles look more than just regional (China and Japan are noticeably different):
That's a really nice detail. :thumbsup:

It's starting to look as if each civilization will get its own distinctive Palace, and even the building styles look more than just regional (China and Japan are noticeably different)

But the rest of the buildings we build in the city look the same, which in fact I do not understand.

I know it would be a lot of work, though.

I noticed that... it may be an earlier version (either literally or in-game). The Chinese palace looks different when you first start the game also.

The Amercan palace looks like the early Chinese one in the same screenshot the early(?) Egyptian one is from. Temp graphics?

I'd guess that the very early palaces look the same (or look regional), and you don't get your custom palace until something like the Classical era.

That is my impression too. By the way, thanks for keeping your site updated Arioch, some of us really appreciate all the work you put into it.

2 things I got from the screenshots. One nice and one worrying:

- many districts get a minor adjacenecy bonus with other districts. This I find nice because it gives a reason to build them on adjacent hexes which prevents the cluttered city look that some feared. I guess building a district in a far off location will only be good for valid reasons (natural wonder, some quarries for an industry district, some mountains for campus) which is fine.

- The spaceport can't be built on hills. This worries me because its a terrain prerequisite for a victory building. It's one thing to have that for Wonders because they aren't needed for victory. But I dislike it for the spaceport...

- The spaceport can't be built on hills. This worries me because its a terrain prerequisite for a victory building. It's one thing to have that for Wonders because they aren't needed for victory. But I dislike it for the spaceport...

Hills are everywhere masda_gib. I'm concerned about wonder restrictions, but their prequisites are considerably more complex (in some cases) than "build on hill".

Top Bottom