Screenshot Your End Masters?

Eridu

Chieftain
Hello,

Something bizarre is going on with my MOO Endings.

In my version Cd-Rom (1.3), it's always the same guy that shows up as the Master (with a different color for clothes depending on the color you played). I always assumed he is human because, obviously we players are all humans (I assumed other races just hired us to control the universe for them even though we're human...yeah, I guess that's kind of an idiot thought..).

But, on some Youtube videos, I found out that each race gets its own
Ending Master animation (basically, just a change of the facials within the monk-hoodish clothes). In the ReadMe file of the 1.3 version, it only mentions they were aesthetic changes to the ending animation clothes. Has anyone else been aware of this oddity/bug/whatsoever? Does anyone know if the Gog version (or anywhere) has all the "different endings" proper?

I've never seen other Masters than the Human, Psilon and Klackon, if anyone cares to put a screenshot of any other to prove they have Won with that perticular race (I mean, let me see some Mrrshan Master).

Thanks.

Wow, that's great. I'm guessing the clothes don't change colors in older versions (they're always brown). Mine the guy is always human but clothes change colors
(red or green for example).

Are you using the Gog version, or a version from some abandonware site I might
try to dig?

Thanks.

Edit: Or if there is a save, from right before you win, I might want to check what it does with mine. Usually an older version will just crash.

Have a look here, on the second to last page or so you'll find the save from the turn before the election.

It doesn't work. Even when I start anew and go to Load, the Save file is not even there (I put it in MPS/Orion like I'm supposed to).

I need to know exactly what version RefSteel is using.

I'll ask him in pm.

Thanks!

It might be there with a blank name, if you do not currently have a game stored in that save slot. Overwriting a save doesn't rename the save in-game.

Allrighty...

First of all, I was ignorant of the fact that Master Of Orion absolutely NEEDS saves states already in place to have them replaced by new ones. I think I never noticed because my saves slots are always filled.

When playing Refsteel's save, I get my ending with the human face instead of his with the Sakkra face.

I found an old disket version 1.7 "somewhere", and then the save wouldn't work, but then I thought of using the 1.3 patch found on Sullivan's website, and there you go, I now have the Sakkra-face ending.

It seems that there are actually two 1.3 versions of Master Of Orion. The Cd-Rom version gives you the human with changing color of clothes, and the "normal" 1.3 version (Disket) gives the endings with different race faces. My guessing is they wanted to implement a change of color for clothes and made the mistake to have the same animation (always the Human) to load up. Something goofy like this. I'm glad I'll be able to play the "different masters" from now on.

It seems that there are actually two 1.3 versions of Master Of Orion. The Cd-Rom version gives you the human with changing color of clothes, and the "normal" 1.3 version (Disket) gives the endings with different race faces. My guessing is they wanted to implement a change of color for clothes and made the mistake to have the same animation (always the Human) to load up. Something goofy like this. I'm glad I'll be able to play the "different masters" from now on.
This is quite interesting, actually. So one version of the patch shows a human leader with correctly-colored robes, and one version shows the correct leader with brown robes? I wonder if there's a simple way to merge these. (I also wonder if there are any other differences between the two versions, in gameplay, etc....)

Ok, I found out what's the problem:

When I install with "Soundblaster" (or Soundblaster Pro), I get all the different
Race facials (that's the Cd-Rom version).

Thing is, I ALWAYS play with Roland MT-32 because the music is better (I use
Soundblaster Pro for sound effects). When under MT-32, I only get the human
facial, with some color change (red, blue), but it doesn't seem they're all
implemented, I have to test that.

It seems like a weird bug. They wanted to implement color change of clothes but
they were working with MT-32 and for some bizarre reason the facials are linked
with using Soundblaster. It may as well be an incomplete 1.4 version but marked
1.3. I can attach the readme file for "differences of gameplay" but it seems the
same as for any version 1.3 I've seen.

Here is my Mrrshan master. Of course I NEVER win with Mrrshan. I had to play
simple and with 1 opponent to have this one:

Attachments

• README.TXT
    15.2 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom