Scrolling Error

Nexoez

Chieftain
Hi,

I recently installed Civilization III: Complete on my MacBook. Everything works... Except of one stupid thing:

If I use my scroller (Im using a microsoft optical mouse that works perfect elsewhere...), wheter i scroll up or down, the menu moves alway's down. If I unplug my mouse, and scroll with my fingers, I have the same problem, but the menu moves always up...

I have the 1.22 (Rev A??) patch installed...

Anyone?

Hello, welcome :wavey:

I'm not sure what you mean by "Menu"?

I have a MS optical mouse. It's nothing special - 2-buttons + scroll wheel - and it usually sits attached to my old G4 tower. If I plug that into my MacPro and load up a Civ3 Complete map in 1.22 rev A:

- I can scroll the map up and down using the wheel.

- I can scroll the map left and right using the wheel and the Shift key.

- If I open the Load Game dialog I can scroll the file list up and down using the scroll wheel.

I'm not aware of any special settings or preferences I have activated to enable this.

Uhh.. I have the same mouse, on my macbook.. (standard MS optical...) It works fine in OSX and other applications, but when I use a menu (Like If you click on a city, and want to build a worker or something like that... ), the scroll wheel doesnt want it to do right...

I can only use the wheel to scroll display items that have a scroll bar. When there is a scroll bar the scroll wheel works as I expect.

The menu I get when I right click a city doesn't have a scroll bar, so it doesn't scroll and the selection highlight doesn't move up and down it. I have to use a mouse click to highlight an item. I guess the menu might become scrollable if I had a large enough stack on a tile and right clicked that, but I can't lay my hands on a suitable example save to try that on.

If I double click a city to open the city screen, then click the current build item to select a different build option, the list comes up with a scroll bar. I can use the scroll wheel to move up or down that list with no problem.

If I open any Adviser screen with a vertical list I can wheel-scroll up and down the list of cities, civs, wonders etc. If I change the View by in F3 to Units, and I have a long row of one type of unit with a scroll bar under its members, I can scroll left or right along that row using Shift-scroll wheel.

=). It was the patch that was'nt been applied good... The problem is cured by applying the RevA patch...

Now I got random crashes... (Blue screen, game shuts down and I get: Program has been unexpected stopped: Reopen, Cancel, ...

Any idea's?

I have the same problem with my Logitech mouse on my Power Mac G4. It doesn't bother me much though, since it has become a habit to simply avoid the scroll wheel in the Civ III. The list with build options in the city screen is a typical example where it doesn't work properly.

The drivers from Logitech don't work very well for me, so I use USB Overdrive to configure my mouse. I don't know if that has something to do with it?

Top Bottom