SDK for Second Rev

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi guys.

I've opened this thread to move the SDK discussion out of the main discussion thread. :)

I'll integrate the SDK components you want and compile them for you, no problems at all. I'm assuming this is for Warlords?

Anyways, what I need is a comprehensive list of all the bits you want that have SDK parts so I can combine them all together into one DLL.

The SDK List:
- DCM Ranged Bombardment
- DCM Missiles
- The Lopez Snipers

----------------------------------------------------------------

Original post from main discussion thread:

Fabrysse said:
  • Python :
    • The Gir's Partisans mod is integrated. I have not yet suppressed the promotions. Actually it runs. I'll work on desabling promotions this evening...
    • International events we talk about yesterday. I'll purpose you something constructed in a few days... I have to think about that before, search some ideas...
  • SDK :
    It's the first time I try something like that. :crazyeye: When I compile Dale's mod (with only Ranged Field Bombardment and Missiles enabled), I have a syntax error. :( Of course, I don't know why !

I sent a PM to Dale, I hope he'll help me.
  • Mixed SDK + Python :
    The TheLopez's Sniper mod contains python and SDK elements. I'll have a look as soon as possible to understand how to modify files to suppress building and promotions element. Hope I'll find...
    Problem : will I be able to mix TheLopez code and Dale's code ? No, I won't !! Like I did it yesterday, if I just have to move files and compile, and that no problem occurs, it'll be good. But if there is any problem, I will be out :confused:

Garret, don't you think we should open a new thread about modpacks integration, SDK and Python work ? All about this is written here, and this thread becomes big...

Fabrysse:

After working with Firaxis on Civ4/Warlords I know the code pretty well. So if you concentrate on the python I'll do the DLL stuff. That cool?

Also, since I use the same environment and project settings as Firaxis, I get a cleaner, smaller DLL than code blocks does.

Dale said:
I'll integrate the SDK components you want and compile them for you, no problems at all. I'm assuming this is for Warlords?

The SDK List:
- DCM Ranged Bombardment
- DCM Missiles
- The Lopez Snipers

That's a good new !!! Thanks a lot, Dale.

Yes, it's for Warlords.
SDK list : that's it.

Dale said:
Fabrysse: if you concentrate on the python I'll do the DLL stuff. That cool?

OK. Again, thanks a lot for replacing me with SDK where I can't understand anything.

I'll be looking at the sdk stuff this weekend, so hopefully have a dll for you by monday. :)

Must apologise for the delay in getting this out. I had thought that TheLopez had already converted snipers into Warlords. Unfortunately he hadn't and I had to cut his code into a clean Warlords SDK base. Also, with the changes to the way some things function inside the SDK in Warlords I had to modify a few things in his code for it to function correctly. When I say modify, I mean things like new function names and #defines.

Anyways, at this point the sniper code is live. For everyone's benefit at CFC I uploaded that DLL file with snipers only up on the download database. Now to add in ranged bombarding and missiles.

Dale

Dale said:
Anyways, at this point the sniper code is live. For everyone's benefit at CFC I uploaded that DLL file with snipers only up on the download database. Now to add in ranged bombarding and missiles.

:goodjob:
Hope it'll go easy, now...

Woot! It's done. :)

It's clean and shiny and new. There's snipers, ranged bombardment and missiles in this DLL file, none of the other (buggy) components of mine. :)

http://users.g-node.com.au/thesdale/assets.zip

BTW, you'll notice in the zip are the required XML changes. Unless you've added your own interface, just copy the interfaces xml file directly in. Also, in the unitmissions xml file only MISSION_BOMBARD has changed. It's important you make the change in the scenarios mission file or ranged bombardment doesn't work. The unit schema has the two xml tags required for bombardment and missiles, but doesn't contain the sniper tags. You'll have to add them in. The last file in the zip is the unit classes xml. It shows how I defined the missile classes. I suggest following that method for yours.

Finally, in CvUnitInfos.xml if you want a unit to have ranged bombardment, add the tag <iDCMBombRange>value</iDCMBombRange> and the end of the unit. The value is the distance in tiles you want to allow this unit to bomb. If you want a unit to be a missile, then add the tag <bDCMMissile>1</bDCMMissile> to the unit.

Dale

Dale said:
Woot! It's done. :)
It's clean and shiny and new. There's snipers, ranged bombardment and missiles in this DLL file, none of the other (buggy) components of mine. :)
http://users.g-node.com.au/thesdale/assets.zip

Great !!!! :goodjob:
I download right now. I'll have a big nigth with integrating sniper's python, and make it runs... Hope I'll have it tomorrow... Not sure.

Dale said:
BTW, you'll notice in the zip are the required XML changes. Unless you've added your own interface, just copy the interfaces xml file directly in. Also, in the unitmissions xml file only MISSION_BOMBARD has changed. It's important you make the change in the scenarios mission file or ranged bombardment doesn't work. The unit schema has the two xml tags required for bombardment and missiles, but doesn't contain the sniper tags. You'll have to add them in. The last file in the zip is the unit classes xml. It shows how I defined the missile classes. I suggest following that method for yours.

Finally, in CvUnitInfos.xml if you want a unit to have ranged bombardment, add the tag <iDCMBombRange>value</iDCMBombRange> and the end of the unit. The value is the distance in tiles you want to allow this unit to bomb. If you want a unit to be a missile, then add the tag <bDCMMissile>1</bDCMMissile> to the unit.

Dale

Garret, we have to work together on that, and to know what does each other.
This evening (and probably a part of the night;) ), I'll have to add these xml elements to the alpha you sent me last week.
I suppose you added new things since saterday... So it'd be good you upload me a new version of xml files. Thus, I'll add and test sniper elements on the later alpha version.

Why is it urgent ?
I'll be online today and tomorrow, I'll be offline on friday 27/10, saterday 28/10, sunday 29/10, online on monday 30/10, offline on tuesday 31/10 and wednesday 01/11 and online after like usual (not by the week-end)...

no it doesnt crash, it just has no action button to make the missile "shoot" and i have no idea what kind of unitinfo to give to the cruise missile, the nukemissile is basically a ICBM with the missile tag added.

the ranged bombard works. the partisan dropped a horsehockyload of people when i captured New York City, so that workds. can you make the damage that is applied to invading forces higher and more consistant?

hope you like the new menusong!

GarretSidzaka said:
can you make the damage that is applied to invading forces higher and more consistant?
I can. How much more would you like ?

GarretSidzaka said:
hope you like the new menusong!
Still downloading... It comes through Atlantic swimming, I suppose.:lol:

i would like to see that every unit that enters the city is bombed on the way through the gates. i want the unit that enters the city to be devastated, even if it was a future tank killing a protester. and i want this to happen every time basically! :D the spoils of war are a cold tart dish.

well, it must be faster than flying. atlanta to frankfurt takes all day!

GarretSidzaka said:
i would like to see that every unit that enters the city is bombed on the way through the gates. i want the unit that enters the city to be devastated, even if it was a future tank killing a protester. and i want this to happen every time basically! :D the spoils of war are a cold tart dish.
OK, understood. I'll try something like that.

GarretSidzaka said:
well, it must be faster than flying. atlanta to frankfurt takes all day!
It's done.

EDIT : The new menu song is good. Not instrumental, but good.

Okay the missus let me off the hook as she went to bed. :D

I'll get the missiles running tonight and upload the changed files. I can do this in my sleep so it's easier for me to do it. :)

As for sniper, I'll let Fabrysse take that one as he's probably already started it by now.

Dale said:
As for sniper, I'll let Fabrysse take that one as he's probably already started it by now.
I have begun. But I'm at work now, so I can't test. I'll test tonight. Hope it'll be good... :badcomp: But I'm not sure to sleep a lot this night !
Some news tomorrow :sleep:

Top Bottom