Sdk installation issue

DemonMaster

A.K.A. Fenhorn
I got a small problem. I can't install SDK. When I press the install button I get all the windows that say that it will now download and then I press finish and ... nothing, It hasn't install anything, even though it said so. I can't verify any file for this program since there aren't any file for this program, because it hasn't been downloaded yet.

I can play the game normally. I have had SDK installed before but haven't touched it much (I have only opened it once to test it out, but that was a year ago). I don't know why the program all of a sudden has become uninstalled.

Steam say that they has nothing to with this. So has anyone of you any hints of how I can proceed with this?

I have contacted both Steam and they just pointed me to 2k games. Both 2k answers say nothing and they don't seems to have read what I wrote because the answers was "Standard 1A", first an automated then a manual one (so to speak), both saying the same thing:
1) Verify files - I can't do that because Steam doesn't recognize the SDK files (but the files are there).
2) Delete files and re-install. Don't work because Steam has a fantastic memory so, it remembers. I have tried.

Steam hasn't bother to help at all (besides to direct me to 2k). The only solution I have left is to delete Steam from my computer and hope that all the hidden files that usually is left behind don't remember, but something tells me it that a couple of hidden files and/or registry entries will make the same corruption happen again.

Since I can still play the game, my solution is sadly to skip all this and let it be even though it means that I can not use the CiV SDK.

I thought the SDK was not yet released ?

The SDK is simply an editor and it is out (there are fan downloads so yes it is out). I guess you mean the DLL. That would make the editor a little bit more powerful (I assume). The DLL is not out (yet).

Top Bottom