Sea Dragon

SaibotLieh

Emperor
Thanks!

In fact Glaeder requested this one via PM. Don't know if he also wrote about it in any forum.

@ The J:No I don't directly. But I had been requesting Dragon Units for some time now. Maybe that's where you got it.

@ SaibtLieh:The Sea Dragon ist great!:thumbsup: :clap:A Masterpiece in fact!:clap:
I've downloaded it the moment I got the news;) and I can't wait to use it in my future Mods.
Thanks for that wonderfull unit SaibotLieh:bounce::thanx::bounce:

It's really nice, but it looks like it has a saddle for a rider, which makes it look weird without a rider imo, heh.

It's really nice, but it looks like it has a saddle for a rider, which makes it look weird without a rider imo, heh.
In fact it is a saddle the dragon is wearing. I tried to cover for it by changing its color, but it seems like that wasn't enough. :)

Normally I would have modified the model a bit with Blender, but it somehow showed some strange behavior after the import, so I settled with the original model.

It was more the strange inverted hump shape in its back that caught my attention, I was like, "wait a minute, that's not natural lol..." But no I completely expected and understood it was just part of the original model, not blaming you for that at all. Some things can't be helped. :) It's still really nice. (The unit is also way off-center horizontally when I tried it out btw, though that's easily fixed).

It was more the strange inverted hump shape in its back that caught my attention, I was like, "wait a minute, that's not natural lol..." But no I completely expected and understood it was just part of the original model, not blaming you for that at all. Some things can't be helped. :) It's still really nice. (The unit is also way off-center horizontally when I tried it out btw, though that's easily fixed).
Yeah, I also think that it is only a minor annoyance.

What do you mean with off-center? I intentional made it so that the dragon is mostly underwater when in idle mode if you mean that.

But of course you can change that if you want it another way. :)

It seemed like the center of the dragon was well right of the center of the tile he was in. It could have been the underwater length of him I guess.

It seemed like the center of the dragon was well right of the center of the tile he was in. It could have been the underwater length of him I guess.
That sounds a bit strange. I've made a screenshot how he looks in my game:
Spoiler :

Do you mean that he looks like he is a bit to far right? That would be because his tail isn't as prominent as his head.

Attachments

• dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,102
Yeah pretty much. Just looking at that screenshot I'd naturally center him left a bit more, but the effect is more pronounced if you scale him up to a bigger size. I guess as a general rule I personally would center around the main body of a creature like this and ignore the head and tail both, but that's just me, I can adjust him on my own anyway if I want to use him. Don't worry about it. :)

Top Bottom