Sea Going Gunships?

AndyM

Chieftain
Hiya

Quick question, does anyone out there know how to get gunships to fly across water?

Cheers in advance :)

if you go to the Civ4unitinfos.xml file find the gunship info and you need to edit the line <bCanMoveAllTerrain>1</bCanMoveAllTerrain> so that the number is a 1 and not a 0 u can also edit the line above aswell so that they can fly over mountains etc if you want them to do that or not. hope u find this post helpful and good luck

Ooophs - spoke to soon :blush:

Seems that tag is only for beyond the sword and I'm playing vanilla. Total realism mod has managed it for vanilla though, any ideas? I have actually got BtS but it's not working properly with my graphics card :cry:

sorry didnt realise they was different only started my own mods with BtS. i'm not really sure how to do it on vanilla civ or warlords? i have had a quick look at the vanilla game files and can't see anything that i think would work sorry i couldn't be of more help maybe someone else can answer your question for you.
p.s. maybe try looking through the total realism mod files to see if there is anything different and don't forget to back up any files you edit i learnt the hard way lol

I will try this later, glad to hear it's as simple as changing one boolean.

Question: will the computer understand that gunships can traverse mountains and water?

Top Bottom