1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Sea Harvest [Modular] 2.7

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by vincentz, Jun 27, 2009.

1. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

*** WARNING ***
    Finding and locating BUGs in 2.7 is hard enough for Zappara without all the modmods.
    Adding 4 or 5 modmods will make it nearly impossible. If you want to add this mod,
    please do so at your own "risk". I'll try to help at the best of my abillity, but please
    remember that I'm no Zappara ;)

First of all : Thanks to Sarkyn for the great ideas ;)

This minimod is focused on the oceans. It consists of 3 small mods :

Offshore Wind Farms gives a build option for workboats on coast after Modern Seismology. It will give : +1 :hammers: and +1 :commerce: (Environmental Economics +1 :hammers: and +1 :commerce:). Cost 20 :gold:, takes a couple of turns and consumes the workboat.

Fish Farms works much the same way as fishing boats (+1 :food:) with the exception it can be build both on resources and coastal areas. It also gives a small chance of discovering ocean resources the same way the farm do. Cost : 15 :gold:, takes a couple of turns and consumes the workboat. Available after Ecology.

Chart Sealanes gives the workboat (for now, maybe I add more) the abillity to chart sealanes after Cartography. In basics this will give increased trade (+1 :commerce:) and provide faster movement for ships (x2). It doesnt cost anything and will not consume the workboat. For now it is illustrated by a sunken fishing boat, but I will eventually replace it with an anchor. (When I learn how to make .nif's).

Download moved to Vincentz Mods

Simple as that ;)

2. os79

os79 Deity

Hello,

Fortunately, I caught your comment in main RoM forum to someone else about this but I propose that you always write update post in addition to updating your first post because the forum mechanics don't recognize inner post editing, just additional posts.

Thanks!

3. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

I'm just about to start another (probably quite long) game, so I thought I'd give this a quick bump and see if anyone can point me/Vincenz in the direction of the BUOY graphic in the original Firaxis files?

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Just go ahead Sarkyn ;) Any replacement will be savegame compatible. By the time you'll get to carthography I'll (hopefully) have a replacement. I made a request for an anchor at the graphic request thread a week ago, and hopefully someone will pick it up soon.

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Vincentz, I noticed on advanced start that the AI would be able to build "Charted Sealanes" over land. Could you fix this?

6. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

How advanced was the start? Did it include cartography or is it before?

Edit : Nevermind. Fixed ;) Will be uploaded in Vincentz Mods after the 2.71 update.
    If you cant wait ;) just change : Seaharvest_CIV4RouteInfos.xml

<iAdvancedStartCost>10</iAdvancedStartCost> to
    <iAdvancedStartCost>-1</iAdvancedStartCost>

7. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I don't know if this works or if you care, but I found a bouy graphic. I don't know who originally made it, I found it when I was looking through some older modcomps.

View attachment Genetic_buoy.zip

8. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Nice. Thanks :D It will definately work as a latemodel.

9. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

That looks very cool :)

When I said Buoy, I meant one of those tiny little red/orange high visibility plastic things, maybe the size of a large football. But that's a seriously hardcore Buoy, definitely for the Modern era and beyond.

10. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

I noticed that roads on land change to connect to sealanes when they're built adjacent to land. For example, because there're sealanes next to paved roads along the coast, the paved roads occasionally form a lemming path out to sea.
    I also noticed another bug that made much less sense to me. When I captured an enemy's city and razed it, instead of a road or path being put down, a sealane was placed along with the dead city.

11. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

the first is a feature, not a bug ;)

the second will be fixed in a update soon. Its because of the priority of the route.

12. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

Hmm, I guess I can see how a sealane might represent a port, but if you build them in the middle of nowhere like I do it starts looking a little strange.

13. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

can you take a screen shot. IMO its strange that roads dont lead down to the sea before the sealanes ;)

14. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

Well it's not weird they lead TO the sea, it's weird they lead INTO it...

15. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Would there be any way to make charted sealanes not pillage-able?

It doesn't make sense, as it stands. The AI loves to pillage it's little heart out, and if it's (as we've called it) a chart of sea lanes allowing faster movement (and more efficient commerce), then it can't be pillaged.

If it can't, maybe we should use the Buoy graphic and rename it "Navigation Buoys" or something instead...

16. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I dont think that routes can be made permanent unfortunately. However I think that somehow charted sea lanes can be interrupted/pillaged. Just look at the coast of Somalia ;)

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder