1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sea luxuries missing?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by liv, Nov 12, 2017.

1. liv

liv Chieftain

Virtually none of my games see any whales or pearls anymore. I have started a lot of games and played some but no sea luxuries. What is happening? Did they become scarce?

ETA
    So on reddit I found a post of someone having this problem and someone answered:
    The map generator was changed so that sea resources and land resources are in different tables (they were previously in the same). Any map generating mod you have from before the patch will only generate land resources. If it's improperly updated it may only generate fish and crabs as well, since luxuries are different too.

So is there a fix? Apprently this is a problem from the summer patch

PS I use no mods

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Tiger Genocide likes this.
  2. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

They're not common but pearls at least are still around. Random SS

liv likes this.
  3. liv

liv Chieftain

Yeah I have seem them on other people's games. And if I load their games the luxuries will be there but just do not show up when I start a game

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Luxuries tend to be really concentrated though. It's possible they just aren't in your part of then world.

Then again you're not really missing too much as sea starts usually aren't too great anyways.

5. liv

liv Chieftain

I am a warmongerer I do see the whole planet
    And I love to play Norway and sea luxuries would be great once in awhile. And the new Indonesia makes them good as well (and then there is Auckland)

OK trying to think about how this information about "separate tables" may be related to my issue.
    Question: I am wondering for those of you who DO see sea luxuries, do you use check the Abundant resources.
    I do. And now I thinking that perhaps checking that option prevents the sea luxuries from firing. (I will test this)

Update: So I solved this problem. I think.
    It was indeed selecting "Abundant Resources" that prevented sea luxuries from showing up. As soon as I tried games without that option, a whale appeared. I guess this makes this a possible bug.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2017
    Tiger Genocide likes this.
  6. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Chieftain

Holy crap that explains it! I always play on abundant. No wonder I have not seen a single sea luxury in any of my games. I always play abundant because if I play to warmonger, I need oil for tanks and abundant gives me the best chance to get at least one oil.

Yep definitely a bug.

7. ravennaux

ravennaux Chieftain

Has this been verified? Haven't seen sea resources at all since patch.

8. liv

liv Chieftain

Do you select abundant resources when starting? From my researching this issue I saw that some mods also prevented sea resources from showing

9. ravennaux

ravennaux Chieftain

Yes and certainly no sea resources then....,but using Gedemon's maps again no sea resources though no abundant was selected. By any chance have you a list of mods that may cause this? I love the mods and use quite a few.

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Well, I can tell you that normal resources + YnAMP does produce sea luxuries, in your specific case the problem may be an incompatibility with another mod.

I'll test abundant with/without mods.

11. ravennaux

ravennaux Chieftain

Thank you, You are the Cartographer Royal of Civ,sir