Sea of Thieves

steveg700

Deity
This is coming out on the 20th. It has caught a lot of attention, most recently when Microsoft announced that all first-party Xbox games would immediately be available with an Xbox Game pass subscription. Not a bad deal.

I've heard good things about it from a friend who was in the preview. I don't plan to pick it up as I don't have an XBox One (though I do have an XBox 1 from 2001), nor a Windows 10 computer, but expect it to be a good time for those who do.

From what I've seen on Twitch and read elsewhere, there is a seriously worrying lack of content and you can't really trust a developer when they say "OH there's more we just didn't want to spoil it!". It looks beautiful, the water is AMAZING, and it seems pretty fun... but I feel it is going to not even be flavour of the month but flavour of the week.

Also they really shot themselves in the foot by only selling it for PC through Microsoft's store. Almost no one uses it because it's garbage in every way.

Yeah, maybe content is a concern, but for $10 I think it'll be hard not to get my money's worth.

A lot of online games get railed against for not having enough content, as if players should never hit a point where they might ever just stop playing that game and go do something else. Not me.

Top Bottom