Seacs

PrimoXanthous, what haven't you done with Vietnamese civ yet? ;) I mean, maybe I could help somehow with finishing it ;)

PrimoXanthous, what haven't you done with Vietnamese civ yet? ;) I mean, maybe I could help somehow with finishing it ;)
wow that would be really nice, what lacks on the civ is just the UA code DOM screen, music, map i think.

So, to whom shall i send the Vietnamese project???

Well, in my opinion:
- new UA for Vietnam should be invented
- Vietcong and Water Puppet Theatre should stay in (eventually get some awesome lua abilities)
- someone has to create fancy graphics of DOM, map, leaderscreen (?)

I'd like to do a Vietnam (if to only to incorporate a Colonial twist though).

Not sure how though. Would probably have to include some references to French Indochina. I like the Vietcong and the Water Puppets though.

Well, in my opinion:
- new UA for Vietnam should be invented
- Vietcong and Water Puppet Theatre should stay in (eventually get some awesome lua abilities)
- someone has to create fancy graphics of DOM, map, leaderscreen (?)

With the Vietcong, how about extra movement/combat bonus in Jungle, plus something cool?

Oooh I have one cool idea. Mrc2022 in his 3rd component project has Iroquis unit with 'invisibility in forest' which truly works (via LUA). It could be remade for Vietcong :)

That + Woodsman promotion (or something more)

Oooh I have one cool idea. Mrc2022 in his 3rd component project has Iroquis unit with 'invisibility in forest' which truly works (via LUA). It could be remade for Vietcong :)

That + Woodsman promotion (or something more)

That could actually be pretty awesome. Reminds me a bit of Homusubi's Shinobi UU, but a bit more forest-baised.

UA wise, I was thinking of something along the lines of "Combat bonus against civs of a differing ideology", if that's codeable.

OK, I think it's been long enough for this not to count as a double post.

I'm still happy to work on Seacs as a whole, however if Krajzen is up for it, we could work together. I'm still thinking of something for the Water Puppet Theater, but it will probably not sync very well with the VietCong and any of the proposed abilities.

I also propose that after Vietnam, we should do Laos, as there is actually a lot of information about Lan Xang online.

Oh :0 Actually, I would love to work on Vietnam, but I never created civ (although I can handle XML/SQL/general simple modding) an don't know lua nor can create graphics (but we have at least few icons, right?)

Yeah, I would love to participate in it - at least I could provide concepts/music/text/historical data.

VIETNAM
Leader: Ho Shi Minh (although I am not exactly sure if he is the best choice for Vietnam, these guys had many cool rulers) - do we have his leaderscreen or not?
UB - Water Puppet Theatre is in my opinion interesting and cool, we already have an icon and have to think on interesting effect (I love lua effects but I cannot program them :( )
UU - VietCong, reusing 3rd component Forest Prowler ability would be awesome.
UA - no idea yet. Obviously something related to defense and independence, but personally I would hate playing civ with '+33% bonus to city defense' or something like that :D
I guess 3 city bombard range is impossible to do without dll?

I can think on those uniques.

Personally, I still like "Combat bonus against civs with a differing ideology". It's reminiscent of Ho Chi Minh era Vietnam, as well as providing an interesting playstyle (Vietnam doesn't CONFORM to the NORM) when playing defensively or going for a domination. It also contrasts the rather peace-y South East Asian nations well.

If I was to do Vietnam I'd still include the Water Puppet Theatre and the Vietcong. I'd split the UA into three however and make one half reminiscent of the Vietnam War (i.e defensive bonus against civs with another ideology), some thing more colonial (most likely French Indochinese references) and something referring to the ancient history of the region (the latter two could probably be combined).

I wouldn't go with Ho Chi Minh however, rather someone more Pre-Colonial.

Actually. The Trung Sisters with a Leugi leaderscreen would be awesome. Because Motherflippin elephants yo. And multiple leaders.

Holy crap, imagine an Ekmek leaderscreen with Two Wu Zetians. dadasdasygdusaydgias

I'll work on a colour scheme and stuff when I get home.

Suggestions pls.

Here is an idea.... :p

Leader: The Trung Sisters
Start Bias: Jungle
Colours: Blue/Red
Capital: Hanoi

UA: One Eternal Vietnam - Incoming Trade Routes increase the :c5strength: Defensive Strength of a City by +5*. Combat units receive a 15% defensive bonus against civs with another ideology.

UU: Vietcong - Considerably weaker than the Infantry which it replaces, the Vietcong gains the "Guerrilla Tactics" promotion which allows them to be invisible to the enemy when in Jungles alongside gaining a 15% combat bonus when attacking from within Jungle Tiles.

UB: Water Puppet Theater - Alongside a base +2 :c5happy: Happiness, the Water Puppet Theater provides the city it is built in with +1 :c5food: Food and +1 :c5science: Science for every policy adopted in the Honor Policy Tree, unlike the Zoo which it replaces.

*Number subject to change. This is based off of Gai Long using French and European expertise to modernize the military and defensive capabilities of Pre-Colonial Vietnam.

This is more along the lines of what I would want:
Spoiler :
Vietnam

Red and Gold
Capital: Hanoi

Leader: Ho Chi Minh

The Path to Glory
Can't think of a better name right now. TPangolin already took "One Eternal Vietnam"
All Pre-Industrial units receive a combat bonus in friendly territory or territories you have open borders with. After adopting an Ideology, units receive a combat bonus against civilizations with a differing Ideology.

Unique Unit: Vietcong

Weaker than the Infantry, which it replaces, this unit is invisible on jungle tiles. As well as that, it ignores terrain cost and receives a small combat bonus on Jungle tiles.

Unique Building: Water Puppet Theater

+3 :c5culture:
+3 :c5happy:
That's 1 less culture than the G&K Celidh Hall
Unlike the Opera House, which it replaces, the Water Puppet Theater does not contain a Great Work of Music slot. However, it grants extra happiness and culture to the city it is built in.
Any feedback? I tuned down the Water Puppet Theatre because I was worried it would be too OP. Now I'm not so sure.

Speaking from a neutral position, I like parts of both ideas. While it is always nice to see more female leaders, having 2 separate people playing the role of 1 leader is a little...strange, and I'm not sure if it's a good strange or bad strange. If it were up to me, I would choose Ho Chi Minh at least for how recognizable he is internationally, but the final decision lies with you two, of course. I definitely like TPangolin's UA idea (and title), and I love the combat bonus vs. different ideologies either way. On the Vietcong, I personally think it should replace a non-standard unit like the Marine or Paratrooper, perhaps coming a bit earlier in the tech tree, instead of standard Infantry. Vietcong were definite guerrillas, and played a unique role in the Vietnam War, as opposed to the comparatively standard infantry of the NVA. And about the Water Puppet theater, I think would be a bit more original as a Colosseum/Zoo replacement than an Opera House. However, perhaps it could provide a bit more of a culture bonus than a science bonus. +1 Food and +1 Culture for every Honor Policy OR completed Policy Tree? Slot for a great work of writing/music, maybe?

Top Bottom