Searching for deity lets plays

Pinďa

Chieftain
Are there any good deity lets plays in these forums? By good, I mean detailed and educative. I found some of them but unfortunately, most of them are several years old and inserted images are missing :sad:

Doshin's Deity Den or something similar. Search for threads started by Doshin. :)

I prefer threads, I am a slow player and following the cursor on videos is a pain :)

To be honest, I find the threads by Doshin not very detailed. It is nice reading (and ofc Doshin is a great player) but it is difficult to follow the build orders and such.

Kossin ran a series a few years ago playing Deity games with write-ups..fairly detailed. Very good player. (I'll try doing a search on him..forget what he called them, but I think it had some sort of naming convention)

Still helps to watch a video or two. AbsoluteZero is the only one here I know did a lot of YT Let's plays on Deity. Even just watching the first vid or two of a playthru will give you some nice tips.

AZ

edit: ah..I remember now after searching. The series was called "DR Kossin", with DR standing for "daily round". Idea being that Kos would play a round each day. He did quite a few of these. Hopefully, this link will bring up the search results for you:

dr kossin

if not, do an advanced search on this forum for "dr kossin"

Kossin is fairly detailed in his write-ups. hopefully, most screenshots are still live. Should help to give you a good idea of the flow of a deity game. (Note: DR series I believe started with him playing IMM games, so look for some of the higher numbered games where he graduated to Deity. Kos eventually became one of the best Civ players around and ace player in SGOTMs. (I also learned a ton from him was I was a young noobie)

However, no matter the player or detail of a write-up, it's not nearly the same as watching someone play the game in a video where you see every move and decision. AZ is a good deity player - not the best - but if you are looking to win on deity, his vids would be a good place to turn to. He takes time to explain his decisions. He often played forum games, so you can probably find the save somewhere, like Nobles Club, and play along.

Top Bottom