Seattle forced to pay water customers $45, add surcharge of $59 to cover it

Seattle's City Council drives me nuts. I've even begun to doubt Overlord Obama when he appointed Ron freaking Sims to a major position at HUD.

edit for Seattlites: I know Ron Sims is the King County exec, but its the same thing basically

it's just so ridiculous. How the hell can a company forced to pay a rebate to their customers by the courts charge their customers more than the price of the rebate?

How is this legal? How is it not contempt of court?

:mad:

that being said... where do you think cities get their money from?

That's right... taxpayers. So one way or another, that money will come from yourself.

I would think they could go back to court to block that.

GRRRR!! So the lawyers, that are suing us, on our own behalf.... :mad: can skim another 10%!?

Dammit!! It seems like every day, I get ripped off by some government or corporation. Everything is so crooked I just want to burn it all down and start over.

:mad::mad::mad:

What is it with Seattle and water? I heard that until recently it was illegal to collect rainwater because the rain that falls on your land in Seattle is actually considered property of the State.

@Neomega: Can you confirm that one?

That's right... taxpayers. So one way or another, that money will come from yourself.

Pretty much what I was thinking. But there are a few key details in the link. The city was charging water customers a fee for a service that should of been paid for (collected by taxes) by the city's general fund.

Tax payers are to an extent, responsible for the people who get elected. And now Seattle has to take responsibility for electing the wrong people to do the city's taxes, but that's not happening. The money should come from where it should of came from to start with, the city's general fund.

Now I would guess the city added this surcharge this way so the elected officials wont have to take/look responsible for this mess up. Hell, I bet some people will spin this as to fault the people who brought the lawsuit.

Lol, this sounds like Monopoly.

Eesh. I don't think I've ever even had to pay $40/month for utilities, much less a $59 "surcharge" for their being a bunch of liars, damned liars, and statistic-makers.

Eesh. I don't think I've ever even had to pay $40/month for utilities, much less a $59 "surcharge" for their being a bunch of liars, damned liars, and statistic-makers.

really? 4br house, $100 mo water/sewer/garbage, $100 mo. Electric, $100 mo gas averages.

Oh, I think I misunderstood. When I said "utilities," I just meant water/sewer/garbage. Collectively, we generally pay about $110-$280/month, depending on what time of year it is (higher gas prices + winter + energy-inefficient house = $150-$200 gas bill). Still, we haven't encountered anything so unfair as what you're talking about here.

Seattle's City Council drives me nuts. I've even begun to doubt Overlord Obama when he appointed Ron freaking Sims to a major position at HUD.

edit for Seattlites: I know Ron Sims is the King County exec, but its the same thing basically

:lol: For once you're hilariously wrong.

"One way, or another,

They're gonna charge ya,

They're gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha..."

Seriously, this sounds ridiculous. Shoddy management, and likely contempt of court. Elect someone better next time, would you?

I was going to take a trip to the Seattle area in a few months to find out if I want to live there. Maybe they'll get all of this corruption and crazy money making schemes out of their system before I get there, and then there will be utopia

What is it with Seattle and water? I heard that until recently it was illegal to collect rainwater because the rain that falls on your land in Seattle is actually considered property of the State.

@Neomega: Can you confirm that one?

that's Bolivia youre thinking of, and that was what started Evo Morales' political career AFAIK

Top Bottom