Second 1.15 Release Candidate

i can't get it to work. here is the save file.

your effort is very much appreciated! thank you:)

I played the save game a few turns and ran Merijn's script a few time, no crashes for me. I noitced Aztecs spawned and get some lancers, that's probably what's crashing your game. Try installing Merijn's fixes again? Are they in the right folder?

Running the script has no use for you. It only helps to detect which units are bugged. I already fixed the units found by that script, so you won't find any new units with it.

Running the script has no use for you. It only helps to detect which units are bugged. I already fixed the units found by that script, so you won't find any new units with it.

Didn't you mention you didn't try running the script in late game?

True. I thought you were giving bismark the advice he should run it, which would have made no difference. I didn't know you meant it as a report that lategame units aren't bugged as well.

Which scenario did you play?

I'm playing Russia from the 700 AD scenario, currently at 1800 and only had the Viking musketmen crash my game. It did render at some point though, which makes it odd for me that it popped up in your tool. Removing the reference in the viking unit art xml did fix the crash though.

What's actually causing these crashes anyway? Pathing or referencing in the XML's?

Yes, unit art that cannot be rendered causes a crash. It can be either because the art files are missing, or because the XML entry is missing or not correctly pointing to the art files.

Unless it's button art, yes.

I again updated the opening post to refer to an installer containing the latest fixes.

Another civ to nerf are Dutch. I mean their modifiers must be ridiculously good. In 1700 Ad start my Japan has largest GDP in the world, and still it takes me 6 turns to research, say, Globalism in 1910s while Dutch do it in 2-3 turns.

Some civs should only spawn if conditions are met. Specifically:
-The Mughals shouldn't spawn if India still exists and/or if there is no already-existing Islamic presence in India or Persia.
-The Moors shouldn't spawn if Carthage still exists or if Rome still controls North Africa.
-The Ottomans shouldn't be able to spawn unless the Seljuks were able to successfully conquer territory in Anatolia.
-The Byzantines should only get territory that is held by Rome (as opposed to Persia or Egypt).
-France, Spain and Portugal shouldn't be able to spawn if Rome still holds those territories and is stable.
Also, can unit defections please be removed? They're extremely arbitrary and unrealistic.

A redesign of how civ spawns work is already planned.

Some civs should only spawn if conditions are met. Specifically:
-The Mughals shouldn't spawn if India still exists and/or if there is no already-existing Islamic presence in India or Persia.
-The Moors shouldn't spawn if Carthage still exists or if Rome still controls North Africa.
-The Ottomans shouldn't be able to spawn unless the Seljuks were able to successfully conquer territory in Anatolia.
-The Byzantines should only get territory that is held by Rome (as opposed to Persia or Egypt).
-France, Spain and Portugal shouldn't be able to spawn if Rome still holds those territories and is stable.
Also, can unit defections please be removed? They're extremely arbitrary and unrealistic.

Good point. However I think it should apply for civs that spawn after iPlayer spawned only. This is too make sure the randomness still under control and allow fair situation for later players to play enjoyingly

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Just finished my Moor game on latest git and on default difficulty. Immensely enjoyable experience, challenging even with default difficulty but not impossible. 31 Corsairs been terrorizing World's Oceans, absolutely no European Caravel was permitted past Europe, so no colonization of the New World ;). Civics are very well thought, provide palpable diversity and require careful considerations of pros and cons. Inability to capture Workers unless with Slavery changes one of the most time honored practice among players -- the hunt for Indy workers. Tech tree feels natural and fun. Overall game feels better than ever! Great way to finish 2017! :xmassign::newyear::snowcool:

Alright, just finished updating the last batch of VD unit art (including Heavy Spearman art and moving around some Spearman and Pikeman assets in the process). I will now move on to addressing the bugs that have been reported in the meantime, and afterwards upload another release candidate.

Just a quick update on current progress: I'm working on open balancing questions a lot at the moment, but a lot of these things are interrelated and I am addressing them as I go along running test games and observing the results. I will only push the changes (and potentially create another release candidate) after I am happy with the final result, so it may still take some time. Among the things I am changing/addressing are:
- fix the tech speed to match the current game year, currently this mostly manifested in reducing late classical, medieval and early Renaissance costs
- equalise inflation across all scenarios, while reducing overall inflation impact in the early and mid game
- increase the effect of the catch up tech cost reduction for techs that almost all other players know
- weaken too strong civs like Turkey and Netherlands
- help civs with tech performance problems (right now China which has their UP buffed)
- trying to address reluctant settling behaviour of some AIs (e.g. Portugal and Russia), not much progress here yet but this could also help all civs overall
- identify some problematic factors in the stability system and change the rules to make them more robust and also address the fact that most civs currently have bad stability

These are all great news. Exactly what we need, so I am happy that you are taking your time!

I rolled few American starts, both for 3000 BC and 600 AD. Techs are not too outrageous, at least I cannot spot a runaway civ, or too much changes from the pre-latest-git situation. Except that I have a feeling that new inflation changes make 600 AD civs weaker compared to before the changes. There has to be done something about that Indy Ireland -- British ALWAYS fail to bother with it, but before going for overseas colonies British better take care of their back yard! Also I am attaching a save where Buddhism was founded after Islam, does one need a tech or a Hindu Temple nowadays? Even before this latest gif I did notice that Buddhism has to wait for the birth of Tibet to be founded :sad:

Attachments

• Roosevelt AD-1775 Turn 346.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Tech, I had removed the Hindu Temple requirement earlier. Thank you for reminding me about this, I usually play post 600 AD games from the scenario so I didn't notice it myself. I wonder what the problem is here, India is usually decent enough with technology.

Top Bottom