1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Second 1.15 Release Candidate

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Leon Michiel

Leon Michiel Chieftain

Any plans for a stability boost for AI England? I've yet to have them become an actual empire, they always collapse into just England and Scotland before the 1800's.

This concerns Western civilization especially, which never regain colonies after a collapse.

Perhaps instead of a stability boost, this could be addressed with another mechanic relating to stability. Should a civilization become stable again, they also regain independent territories? Or have a trading company event should previous colonies are taken over by another civilization.

Leoreth likes this.
  2. Sinsyne

Sinsyne Up is down,black is white

Decided to give the release candidate a spin as Maya. When I change my civics all my slaves disappear and all slave plantations convert to normal plantations. I'm still in Despotism and Slavery though and can capture new slaves afterwards. Is that intentional or a bug?

3. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

It's a bug, someone reported it earlier today and I plan to address it asap.

1SDAN likes this.
  4. Novicenoble

Novicenoble Prince

I got the crash on my historical victory turn while playing Chinese civ. (Turn after my 4th Golden age finished.) Did this fixed already?

5. Leoreth

Which crash exactly? Did you report it before? If you reported it already it should be fixed, as I don't have any unfixed crashes in my to do list. Otherwise I need more information and preferably a save game.

6. Novicenoble

Novicenoble Prince

I didn't report about it.

I crashed to desktop on my first play, but after I loaded the autosave and tried again, it worked well. I wonder why it happened, but I guess it was not a repeatable error.

7. Novicenoble

Novicenoble Prince

I guess my report should be written in the new release candidate thread. Sorry for messing up :/

8. Leoreth

No worries, either is fine. But if the crash not reproducible I cannot do much. It is always possible that it was a technical issue with your system.

9. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

I played this pre relise for Brazil. All looks fine, except some AI civs collapsed too easily espessially in late game (1970-80ss). French, Geramny, China, Swedish crashed in the end of the game. I'd add some stabilty points to AI civs. Also Russia in the very end is super powerfull with great stability and it just wipes out all in its way. I'd adjust Russian direction of developement not only for war unit production, but also some buildings and even wonders. It's look too much militaristic.

10. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Prince

If any civ should collapse to Core in the late 20th century, it’s Russia ;)

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Which start was this and how was Turkey doing? I honestly don't mind when a civ like Russia becomes a superpower, if anything USA needs a boost to get to Russian level. All current Russian leaderheads have quite expansionist traits coded under the hood. It most of my games I see backward and unstable Russia. In this game, for example, Russian capital was defended by 4 units against my German Panzers. So much for battle of Moscow. But then Russian people rally up to counter-offence after they collapsed to the core.

1SDAN likes this.
  12. xugening

xugening Chieftain

When is can you release the official 1.15?

13. Leoreth

I don't know. I still have a lot of minor issues to address before I can consider it complete.

Gianmarco Silvestro and 1SDAN like this.
  14. TJDowling

TJDowling King

Some of the naval units, Ironclad and I think another one, can't remember which have a tendency to take up about half the screen which makes it difficult to click on things behind them. Other unique units change appearance depending on whether they are inside or outside territory, not sure if that's a new or old problem and if there's any fix.

15. Leoreth

Please increase the unit art quality settings to fix these problems.

16. TJDowling

TJDowling King

One more thing I found. I was playing as the Tamils and the game consistently crashed at 250BC.

17. Leoreth

Please upload a save from before the crash.

18. Leoreth

I'm am down to zero issues to address before release again. Therefore I will create another release candidate, if possible tomorrow (I have everything ready for it but need to go to sleep now). As usual, this is for you to find bugs that I can address and then finally release after some waiting period. Fingers crossed.

ales_, GoodHunter, ozqar and 5 others like this.
  19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

What about minimal spy exp gain, universally supported by all the posters here? No go?

Imp. Knoedel, 1SDAN and Publicola like this.
  20. Leoreth

No, pushed after release.

1SDAN likes this.