1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Second opinion on a new 23.8" Asus monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Mr.WorldWide, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Mr.WorldWide

Mr.WorldWide Smugly Inferior

2. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I wouldn't recommend it for a duel, you want something more like this:
    Spoiler :

Probably fine, Asus generally makes quality products.

You roughly get what you pay for - the stand has pretty much no adjustments, and don't expect picture quality in line with high quality IPS screens, but it's about half the price of a high-end model.

3. Mr.WorldWide

Mr.WorldWide Smugly Inferior

For any specific reason besides the underhanded jab?

I'm mostly interested if it's a good price for what I will be getting, also, I'd probably spring for a VESA mount when I get a second.

4. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Eh? It was a joke, duel vs. dual...

Well like I said, it's probably fine, Asus generally makes quality products, you're not going to get something with the unknown quality of UpStar or Vizta (no idea about these, I just ordered by low price on newegg and picked a couple brands I've never heard of, they could be killer bargains).

Problem is that sites that do detailed analysis of picture quality don't generally bother with monitors at that price point, so you could be getting something that's bang-on average for the price, or worth $30 more or $30 less, but there's no real way to know. The newegg reviews don't have too many complaints about backlighting, and no complaints about the monitor catching on fire, so you should be fine.