Second Orbis succession game

Jarrema

Master Voter
If I will find at least 3 (besides me) persons interested in participating, I will start this game.

It would be a ONE CITY CHALLENGE game. I like this kind of play and want to try it with others.
I also like a big challenge for this game.
So, things that I want to have:
1. random civilization - we will have to cope with it (I will reload only if Kuriotates shows up)
2. King or Emperor difficulty - and rising.

Rest of settings can be debated.

I would suggest: Erebus Continents, small or normal map, all unique features, lot of opponents, double events (for more action), last days (for even more action), full flavor start.

Players (in order):

1. mcwill
2. Jarema
3. OldLion
4. afoninv

how do you take into account the problem with boats if the game starts inland, and why do you dismiss kuriokates ?

1. In FfH boats are not so necessary - we can always go for OO and conquer world with cultists/stygian guards, there are also flying units.
Of course, we can play with high cohesion.
2. I feel that Kuriotates are too easy for One City Challenge. With them, it is like playing one difficulty level lower.

Sounds interesting, I suppose. Easiest win would probably be rushing AV and going with Hyborem for a gone to hell victory. Remember the lurker in the other game? His name was something like avalon. You may want to ask him if he wants to play.

Yeah...
this thing with Hyborem would be the easiest...
Maybe we should forbid it?

I'm not really familiar with One City. Does that mean anytime you conquer a city you must raze it, because you can only have one city? How do you actually win a game like that? Build a big army and raze everyone's one city? Spread your religion to each of the one cities? This might even be easier than playing Hyborem.

Ok
1. welcome in
2. No Palatinate, there is enough of this
3. you automatically raze conquered cities
4. you can win by coinquest, religious victory, Altar victory (may be very easy), maybe other - Tower victory would be hard but not impossible (esp. with vassals), also Gone to Hell is possible I think.
Even cultural victory is possible in a special way - you can direct your permanent ally toward it, if you play with permanent aliances enabled.
In basic BtS I had won all types of victory in OCC, and several games of OCC at Deity level - it is not as hard as one could think

I think that it would take a very long time to get the required tech for building the final altar, with research coming from only one city. I can also see that it would help very much to get some rangers out as soon as possible and pop a lot of lairs.

From my experience - is not so difficult as it seems. You can get some techs from trade, some from huts, you can use some great scientists - Academy is a must. Of course, it will take some time, but you can turtle and survive till the winning.
When I played OCC last time, I had a lot of great persons, and I had great prophets for Altar, about 5 great scientists settled in the city, and a few great merchants on top of that. I also bulbed some techs, and had great engineer ready for rushing final stage of Altar.
With one city you get a head start in the tech race. If you use it wisely, you can get a free great person, grab a religion or two, etc.
Also, if used properly, free technology from Tower of Divination can help. Of course, Tower of Divination may be not easy to get with limited access to mana nodes

I'd play, but I decided not to add new games to my list until some are finished.

This might be a little different that Old Lions view, but I'd personally like to wait until the other succession game is over to start this one. If you have enough people, please feel free to start before that.

I also want to wait until something else is over, for example the other soccession game.
As for now, I am sending PM's and looking for another player

Research isn't too hard I usually only make one research city and then still tech like mad at 0 percent research. If you guys do conquest only, no barbs and no ai I would be in. I don't fear barbs or ai, rather I think it is too easy to farm exp off them especially if you're the only one bordering them. I'd also suggest duel or tiny map for four people but I could still handle small, just more travel time involved. I'm not too familiar with orbis but I guess I can figure it out on my own time. What's succession?

I think you do not understand what is succession game...
In this kind of game we do not play against eachother, we are playing with the same civ. And in every few turns (3, 5, maybe 10) we are switching at lead - in other words, one player is playing a couple of turns, then another one plays another turns with the same civ.
So it is impossible to play without AI, as there are no other human players.

If you are interested in multiplayer One City Challenge game, then watch for my another announcement - I would try to launch a PBEM game where every human has only one city (but I will prefer this game to be with both AI and barbs; anyway, it can be voted and discussed). I will try to start this game (if there would be interest among players) before Christmas

But maybe you want to try a succession game? If you are interested in playing one city challenge, Orbis succession game, you are welcome.

EDIT: I am still looking for at least one other player. If someone wants to join, pleas write here

Ok thanks for explaining. I'm not interested in a succession game but might be interested in the other game you described. I'll keep posted if you do it.

Hi,

sounds wonderful; I'd be interested in joining in case it suits you! Seems it's about a week or so till the beginning, correct?
Settings are fine with me, however 'last days' would give a big incentive to go to hell victory, which I consider a bit unbalanced already.

BTW, has anyone tried OCC with Scions? Just asking.

Hi,

sounds wonderful; I'd be interested in joining in case it suits you! Seems it's about a week or so till the beginning, correct?
Settings are fine with me, however 'last days' would give a big incentive to go to hell victory, which I consider a bit unbalanced already.

BTW, has anyone tried OCC with Scions? Just asking.

You are talking about PBEM game, yes?
I will start a new thread before Christmas

As for OCC with Scions... I have tried it. And it is like cheating. In my game, at least 2 civs would be forbidden - Kuriotates and Scions. Also, switching to Infernals would not be allowed. Those civs just have too easy game with one city

You are talking about PBEM game, yes?
I will start a new thread before Christmas

Yes, No, I'm talking about this SG. I missed your previous post about start date somehow :rolleyes: sorry :)

As for OCC with Scions... I have tried it. And it is like cheating. In my game, at least 2 civs would be forbidden - Kuriotates and Scions. Also, switching to Infernals would not be allowed. Those civs just have too easy game with one city

Aha! :) I felt that Scions OCC would be like that, but haven't tried it myself.

As for 'Gone to hell' victory, it could be achieved with any civ. The most difficult thing would be to outpace Hyborem (and possibly Sheaim if present on the map) at Armageddon counter. And that's piece of cake with Prophecy of Ragnarok. My 'Gone to Hell' victories were rather simple... Build PoR, spawn Infernals, Pax Diabolis ASAP4 then start producing units with Prophecy Mark, possibly razing cities until AC50, then Stephanos comes into play and AC skyrockets.

Maybe OCC gives this strategy a twist, I really can't tell

EDIT: aaargh, what's happened with smiles?!

I suppose that any multiplayer game gives a twist to Gone to Hell strategy :)
Humans will not sit and watch as you win. They will either attack you, or at least try to get AC down (or, to the contrary, to beat you to the Gone to Hell victory)

EDIT: welcome to the Christmas theme :)
Annoying, isn't it?

:mad:

Top Bottom