Second Roman leader: Spicio Africanus

One problem with aggressive for rome (and the reason caeser isn't aggressive probably) is that praetorians would be absolutely impossible to contend with. They're already hard to stop, with 10% extra power and the ability to diversify promotions that combat 1 gives no other civ will be able to field anything to stop them until macemen at the earliest.

Hmmm, ever notice that, though out the ancient period, they prety much stomped everyone else around them? I'd say its more acurate.
War is not about fair... Its about winning ;)

Hmmm, ever notice that, though out the ancient period, they prety much stomped everyone else around them? I'd say its more acurate.
War is not about fair... Its about winning ;)

The problem with that is it doesnt make it balanced as it is the Preatorians are incredibly powerful and can marck though almost anything, only a well leveled axeman can contend with them. A combat 1 promotion gives them atleast a 0.8 addition of strength at the first level plus what ever promotions they get from the barracks! Way overpowered.

Aztecs have a similar set up...
Call me a Noobie, but Is that really much different?

The difference is the Aztec UU is not as powerful as the Preatorian. The aztec has standard strength with bonuses in Jungles and Forrests. The Preatorian has a +8 strength. The maceman at its base has a +9 strength. See my point?

Top Bottom