Second UHV for Turkey

Virdrago

Wandering
I was playing a game as Turkey (obviously) and didn't get the second UHV. I looked at Rhye's maps, and I found I did have at least three cities in each area in 1700.

Mesopotamia: Ninovah, Sur, Samira (where Jerusalem was, it appears to have been destroyed).

Balkans: Bosna Saraj (Albanian/Bosnian copper), Apollonia, Athens, Istanbul.

Black Sea: Istanbul, Killia, Tushpa.

Does Istanbul not count toward the Black Sea/Balkan city count? I had all of these cities by 1670.

If I'm not mistaken, the Black Sea requirement must also include your cultural borders extending to every land square that borders the water. If there's just one square that isn't covered, then you wouldn't get he UHV.

Are you sure Samira is where Jerusalem is (and not 1SW which is outside the box)? And where is Tushpa (is it on the coast)? I assume Ninua is 1W of the copper?

Didn't Rhye change it to 4 Black Sea cities instead of 3?

Are you sure Samira is where Jerusalem is (and not 1SW which is outside the box)? And where is Tushpa (is it on the coast)? I assume Ninua is 1W of the copper?

Tushpa is on the SE coast of the Black Sea, just S of the Caucasus (on the hill S of the desert). Samira is where Jerusalem was. Ethiopia conquered it just as I gained my cities due to my "rising empire". They gifted it to me next turn. Ninova is 1W of the copper, yes.

Didn't Rhye change it to 4 Black Sea cities instead of 3?

I don't know, but that could be the problem right there. I was looking through Rhye's UHV maps and it said 3, so I built three (well, conquered one, absorbed one, and founded one). I'll start another and see what it is.

In in a recent game I found out that Istanbul does count toward the Balkan city count (I had Istanbul, Athens and a city near the copper), but not towards the Black Sea city count... or consider it 4 cities. The RFC atlas is a bit confusing about this.

Hmm, okay, I need to build one more city around my Turkish lake this game. Looks like it'll be one spot away from Hattusas or Artashat... :mad:

Thanks for the help everyone.

Top Bottom