1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Polic HQ Increases Corruption??

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by waylander, Nov 15, 2003.

1. waylander

waylander Chieftain

I am playing a standard epic game on a large map. I switched to Communism and then built the SPHQ. This increased my corruption significantly. Is there some trick to using the SPHQ?

Here is my income and the city before I built the SPHQ.

Here is my income and city after building the SPHQ.

And finally here is my map of the world. My palace in in red, the FP is in green and the SPHQ is in yellow.

EDIT: Anyone know why the images don't show up. I uploaded them to the server and then included the 'img' command with this url "http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/beforeSPHQ.gif"?

Ah hah! It is case sensitive.

2. nmcul

nmcul I have missles

Maybe the police themselves are corrupt? "If you can't trust the Gestapo, who can you trust?"

I also noticed that after it was built, your nation's entire income dropped by about 250 gold and your research is taking 4 turns longer. It looks like your corruption gained by about 300 bucks.

WHY it did so is a mystery. What exactly does the SPHQ do again?

3. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Secret Police Headquarters

It's a known bug. It also does it for the FP.

4. carlosMM

carlosMM Chieftain

check the 'corruption issues' thread in this forum. :(

5. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

One word: Absurd!

6. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Chieftain

Make that : "One word : Bug !" :)

7. TedJackson

TedJackson Cunning old Celt

I prefer "Incompetence"

BTW I thought there was a big beta program for this release. Maybe I was wrong :)

Edit: Just to be clear. I'm not accusing the beta testers of incompetence. They were only testers and, obviously, didn't play any part in the coding process. It would be interesting to know if these bugs were in the beta but Atari's lawyers will no doubt prevent any such disclosure.

Ted

8. Ridgelake

Ridgelake Chieftain

I was not in the Beta, but my understanding is that this bug arrived between the beta tests and the launch of the product.