Secret Police HQ issue???

raw_b

Chieftain
Has anyone tried building the Secret Police HQ?

When I built the HQ it increased my corruption level, rather than decreasing it. Before I built the wonder my corrution level was at -175, but it grew to -196 on the turn following its completion. I tested the results by replaying my saved turn without building the HQ and my corruption level remained at -175 on the consecutive turn.

The placement of my FP was in the middle of the continent where my civ started the game and I previously relocated my Palace to one end of the continent. I built the HQ on the opposite end of the continent from the Palace.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the HQ? I wanted to get some feedback on this before prematurely reporting this on the Bug forum.

I'm new to the game but I am at a point where I can try this out. Where can you find your total corruption. If I go to the domestic adivsor screen I see for each city but I don't see a total. Do you have to add it up yourself? Or am I missing something?

Hit F1- at the top there should be a table of expenses and income. For example:

Expenses
Corruption - 55
Maintancence--156
To Other Civs- 24
Unit costs- 690

Income:
From Cities- 3402
From other civs: 200
From taxmen- 0
from interest: 50

Sounds like a bug to me...

Did your gross income remain the same in the F1 screen?

By the way, the location of your HQ shouldn't matter, as it is supposed to work only in Communism, which has constant distance corruption.

My gross income dropped as well. It went from 1028 to 1007.

I figured that because I was using Communism that it wouldn't matter where I built the HQ, but I tried building the HQ next to my FP just to try another location. The results were the same as when I built it at the end of the continent.

Isn't it supposed to function as a second capitol?

But the odd thing..if i'm right the Corruption does not increase in a city that is further away from its capitol :confused:

so it shouldn't even be possible to be increased :confused:

unless its a bug..or sumthing

Isn't it supposed to function as a second capitol?

But the odd thing..if i'm right the Corruption does not increase in a city that is further away from its capitol :confused:

so it shouldn't even be possible to be increased :confused:

unless its a bug..or sumthing

The FP in Communism raises the OCN by 20%, the SPHQ raises it another 20%

...supposedly!

I just saw that in the bugs forum, people have been reporting problems (increased corruption) with the FP as well, and not only in Communism.

Optimal City Number. Once you go past that number of cities, corruption skyrockets.

Top Bottom